Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Its a tough one on how often they review because they got stick last time for changing the rules while people were away. I know someone who went to Turkey with no rules last summer, but then it changed to isolate on return and they had to miss work and go on sick pay. 3 weeks review should mean you can get there and back with the same rules.
that happened with me with Croatia and Greece although we went knowing it could change any minute so we weren't bent out of shape about it. the only slightly annoying one was Croatia because we missed the cut of point by hours. I get where you are coming from though

My Ibiza trip is 3rd till 11th. All the tests will be needed regardless of Amber or Green. I don't know whether to move it to later in June, would need to look at flight and villa prices.

They review every 3 weeks I think, from the 17th. So that means it could go green in the middle of my trip.

My Ibiza trip is 3rd till 11th. All the tests will be needed regardless of Amber or Green. I don't know whether to move it to later in June, would need to look at flight and villa prices.

They review every 3 weeks I think, from the 17th. So that means it could go green in the middle of my trip.

😬

Personally id just pay up and isolate if you can without disrupting work. No guarantee it would be any better if you move it and personally id love to see the uniqueness of seeing the island quiet in June. I've been in May when the roads and beaches are quiet and in June it'd be a few degrees hotter on top. But depends what you want to do on the island of course.

Looks like a 2 week package jolly to the South Sandwich Islands then?! :confused:
Ah, those lovely islands where no one lives and there’s no accommodation and you can only reach by teleportation. Their Tourism Minister must be chuffed....

Personally id just pay up and isolate if you can without disrupting work. No guarantee it would be any better if you move it and personally id love to see the uniqueness of seeing the island quiet in June. I've been in May when the roads and beaches are quiet and in June it'd be a few degrees hotter on top. But depends what you want to do on the island of course.
You MUST go in June, it's my fave month; I tend to go late June as the sea's just about warm enough for me, and there's very rarely rain around. Also the heat's not overpowering, very pleasant in the evenings. My future post-covid plans will involve two June trips, early and late, the early one probably for lots of walking and the late one swimming. Also by June the vast majority of bars are open, as are the clubs (anyone confirm) and the kids are still back home in school. Bliss.

A June and also a September Ibiza trip is definatrly in the plans but most likely next year for the June one as I want to wait for a vacinne first. Done May, July, August and October before so that would complete the Summer season :)

A June and also a September Ibiza trip is definatrly in the plans but most likely next year for the June one as I want to wait for a vacinne first. Done May, July, August and October before so that would complete the Summer season :)
September - early is hot and humid, but no rain usually. By mid to late Sept that humidity kicks off the Olympic standard
thunderstorms! Even so there are hot sunny intervals between. In a way October is better as the dry warm weather returns.

June is the best time imho. However I won;t be going abroad this year. I do think it's right that vaccinated people should have to test before leaving and on arrival home unless/until it's proven they cannot transmit the disease asymptomatically (or have say <0.1% chance of doing do), hopefully it'll put more people off travelling out of the UK this year and risking coming into contact with other holidaymakers from countries without high levels of sequencing. The consequences for UK are just too high and foreign holidays can bounce back later in the year or in Spring 2022 or 2023 when it's safe for them to do so without prodding a surge in infections.

There's little chance even with green list people for whom a positive pre-departure test from a holiday location would prevent them getting home on time that they'll go on holiday abroad. There's just not enough control on what people do on holiday in countries where the main objective is sustaining their economies from tourism, whether responsible or not.... and in many cases it will be the latter.

I love Ibiza to bits and miss it a lot, but I'm dead against international travel right now. Once 70-80% of the population has had both doses of vaccine, and a further 2 weeks have passed since the last group had their second dose, then if the vaccines used are sufficiently effective against variants (i.e. Astrazeneca mainly in UK) I would be OK with allowing fully vaccinated travellers only to travel - and all others having to be tested and self isolate on return. But I would only travel personally once all testing is off the table I'm not going on holiday to worry about arranging PCR tests to get home and possibly getting stranded abroad, where's the fun in that :rolleyes: I think the majority of Brits will feel the same - and if it's enough of a risk to need PCR tests after 2 vaccine doses the subtext is we shouldn't be travelling on holiday abroad at all.

June is the best time imho. However I won;t be going abroad this year. I do think it's right that vaccinated people should have to test before leaving and on arrival home unless/until it's proven they cannot transmit the disease asymptomatically (or have say <0.1% chance of doing do), hopefully it'll put more people off travelling out of the UK this year and risking coming into contact with other holidaymakers from countries without high levels of sequencing. The consequences for UK are just too high and foreign holidays can bounce back later in the year or in Spring 2022 or 2023 when it's safe for them to do so without prodding a surge in infections.

There's little chance even with green list people for whom a positive pre-departure test from a holiday location would prevent them getting home on time that they'll go on holiday abroad. There's just not enough control on what people do on holiday in countries where the main objective is sustaining their economies from tourism, whether responsible or not.... and in many cases it will be the latter.

I love Ibiza to bits and miss it a lot, but I'm dead against international travel right now. Once 70-80% of the population has had both doses of vaccine, and a further 2 weeks have passed since the last group had their second dose, then if the vaccines used are sufficiently effective against variants (i.e. Astrazeneca mainly in UK) I would be OK with allowing fully vaccinated travellers only to travel - and all others having to be tested and self isolate on return. But I would only travel personally once all testing is off the table I'm not going on holiday to worry about arranging PCR tests to get home and possibly getting stranded abroad, where's the fun in that :rolleyes: I think the majority of Brits will feel the same - and if it's enough of a risk to need PCR tests after 2 vaccine doses the subtext is we shouldn't be travelling on holiday abroad at all.

I understand your view, but everyone has different levels of risk they accept in life. Portugal has had a boom in bookings after yesterday's announcement, for some they can't wait to get on that plane.

Im probably more in the middle of that and your views, I'd be happy to fly after I've had my first jab (+2weeks for it to kick in) as after that my risk of both getting ill and transmitting it to others is far reduced. Yes that still increases risk of spreading it both in the country I visit and back home, but for balance not going to some of these destinations will lead to job losses and poverty and that brings problems and deaths too. I dont think Ibiza can survive until 2022/2023 without at least some visitors this year.

From a club perspective I've found early June there seems to be lull after the opening parties late May and some of the regular nights starting their season. The island, temperature and prices is really good though.

Yes that still increases risk of spreading it both in the country I visit and back home, but for balance not going to some of these destinations will lead to job losses and poverty and that brings problems and deaths too. I dont think Ibiza can survive until 2022/2023 without at least some visitors this year.

Sure - and those who can risk being stranded abroad, or have second homes there will head out anyway whether or not they have to have tests.

But on the economic front, there's massive damage at home from job losses and other consequences of containment measures, and a local economy to support first. Ibiza will get enough visitors from Europe and further afield to survive I'm sure.

Bottom line is that EU is more concerned about maintaining the ideological principles of free movement within the bloc and containing the economic consequences of a protracted slump in the Southern European countries for the whole of the bloc (neither of which are issues that are really UK's joint problem any more) than keeping the continent as free of Covid as they reasonably can. People in UK got used to Summer holidays abroad, but they're a luxury not a necessity. Sure aviation and travel firms will lose out big time but I'll bet demand will bounce back hugely next year or 2023. So the casualties will drop out and new investment will come in to set up new facilities when the demand returns.

I think Devon and Cornwall will see a big boost from deterring people from foreign holidays which I'm not looking forward to having on my doorstep but both desperately need. It would just be nice if the weather hotted up for us in time for the Summer !

I understand your view, but everyone has different levels of risk they accept in life. Portugal has had a boom in bookings after yesterday's announcement, for some they can't wait to get on that plane.

Im probably more in the middle of that and your views, I'd be happy to fly after I've had my first jab (+2weeks for it to kick in) as after that my risk of both getting ill and transmitting it to others is far reduced. Yes that still increases risk of spreading it both in the country I visit and back home, but for balance not going to some of these destinations will lead to job losses and poverty and that brings problems and deaths too. I dont think Ibiza can survive until 2022/2023 without at least some visitors this year.
Yes, I'd have booked Portugal immediately, but the queues and queues on return (and maybe on arrival there??) take the whole enjoyment out of it; also the need to test over there before returning. What if that test is positive?

I can just imagine my plane landing at 8pm @ Manchester, spending 4 hours queuing, then the last train and bus has gone, the taxis put up their fares...no thanks!!

Nope, I'm just gonna sit this one out and let others be the guinea pigs, it will be over, maybe autumn, maybe next year when everyone is innoculated, and if winter's clear there are still chances to go to Portugal and Spain but using all that saved-up money on 5* spas etc.

Back