Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

I'm off work next week and thought I'd pop on here to see if it's worth a few days on the island.
Just reading the process is giving me a headache 😫
I think once we've all done it once it will become (an expensive) piece of piss. What I don't get is that I believe the Spanish will let us in with just your vax certification, so why do we need a test on the way out? I could be wrong though, so much to take in as you allude to.
To add to the tests there are two ruddy forms to fill in, the UK gov to come back and the Spanish equivalent to go there.
Be worth it in the end I suppose. Long glass of Estrella overlooking the harbour anyone??

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9714463/Holidays-Ibiza-Mallorca-given-ahead-days.html

Quarantine free holidays to Ibiza and Mallorca could resume within days after Government scientists advised that they can be moved to the travel green list.

That’s quite a promising bit of hope on the eve of the announcement. Story jointly written by their political editor and transport correspondent. Let’s hope their sources are solid 🤞 It’s the Daily Mail, but in these times, we’ll cling on to anything.

I was due to fly today from UK to Warsaw, then from Warsaw to Ibiza on Tuesday.

Polish Govt just brought in mandatory 7 day quarantine for UK arrivals because of Indian covid with no test to release until 7 days, and advice was they might even bar me from leaving the Country before end of quarantine! So I had to cancel the flight.

Now I'm getting scared Spanish govt might also change rules and thinking I should just bring my Uk-IBiza flight forward from Monday.

Obviously PL isn't as tourism dependent as Spain - has there been any gossip about Spanish govt changing rules? Because it does seem stupid that the UK doesn't need a negative test to enter with 10k cases a day

I was due to fly today from UK to Warsaw, then from Warsaw to Ibiza on Tuesday.

Polish Govt just brought in mandatory 7 day quarantine for UK arrivals because of Indian covid with no test to release until 7 days, and advice was they might even bar me from leaving the Country before end of quarantine! So I had to cancel the flight.

Now I'm getting scared Spanish govt might also change rules and thinking I should just bring my Uk-IBiza flight forward from Monday.

Obviously PL isn't as tourism dependent as Spain - has there been any gossip about Spanish govt changing rules? Because it does seem stupid that the UK doesn't need a negative test to enter with 10k cases a day
That's the worry, you book to go somewhere and then it's closed down, or you get there and then can't return. It's an unholy mess. EU/UK wide there should be agreements where if a country "closes" whatever that means - they must give 7 days notice, but I'm hoping not the vaccinations are widespread that now won't be necessary.

As for the current Spanish rules - https://www.spth.gob.es
From 7 June 2021, all those passengers from a country/area that has a SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus risk, must present, a certificate or document certifying vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative certificate of a Diagnostic Test of Active Infection or a certificate of Recovery after having passed this disease in order to enter Spain.
So the bit I understand is that if you are vaccinated you just need proof of that vaccination; the rest is just a blur...

Just booked my appointment for my vaccine - 3rd July yay! I am slightly nervous actually

When I do have it not sure if I actually have vaccine symptoms or it will be anxiety symptoms :spank:
Both! Is this your first? The likelyhood is the day after you MAY feel a bit groggy and dozy, so be pepared for that (ie clear the day, make your food ready etc!) but many don't. It's good, shows it's kicking in. Good luck!

Worth a day's effort so you will have a clear conscience when meeting all those bronzed 21-yr-olds on Salinas....

Both! Is this your first? The likelyhood is the day after you MAY feel a bit groggy and dozy, so be pepared for that (ie clear the day, make your food ready etc!) but many don't. It's good, shows it's kicking in. Good luck!

Worth a day's effort so you will have a clear conscience when meeting all those bronzed 21-yr-olds on Salinas....
Let's hope I do meet the 21-year-old Italians haha

I should be fully vaccinated by my first holiday in August yay

I will be prepared hopefully, hope I wont have too many symptoms

Let's hope I do meet the 21-year-old Italians haha

I should be fully vaccinated by my first holiday in August yay

I will be prepared hopefully, hope I wont have too many symptoms
Good luck! And good luck with the vaccine too ;-)

August is too hot and sticky for me, and I'm not a fan of sitting in the sun all day (skin cancer's a worry) + it's always busy and expensive; much prefer September. That being said, being a small island temperates Ibiza so you get that refreshing breeze and keeps the heat tolerable. But you can still fry an egg in the sand!

I've climbed to the top of the walls at 7pm in July and been absolutely saturated - and had to go back to the hotel for a shower and fresh shirt...and I'd only just done that!!

Good luck! And good luck with the vaccine too ;-)

August is too hot and sticky for me, and I'm not a fan of sitting in the sun all day (skin cancer's a worry) + it's always busy and expensive; much prefer September. That being said, being a small island temperates Ibiza so you get that refreshing breeze and keeps the heat tolerable. But you can still fry an egg in the sand!

I've climbed to the top of the walls at 7pm in July and been absolutely saturated - and had to go back to the hotel for a shower and fresh shirt...and I'd only just done that!!
To be honest I dont like August either but I am that desperate to go there and I cant wait until September. (so impatient). On a normal year I wouldnt go in August

lol yes I will probably sweat like a mofo

This is not good...sadly Merkel has a fair amount of power in Europe. Hopefully the Spanish opt for testing over quarentine

Pretty strong from Merkel. The EU leaders meet tomorrow. Hopefully with the more tourist reliant states they can negotiate for the testing option if it comes to it. 16k cases today in the UK. Highest since Feb. Regardless of breaking down the cases, it’s not a good look.

Pretty strong from Merkel. The EU leaders meet tomorrow. Hopefully with the more tourist reliant states they can negotiate for the testing option if it comes to it. 16k cases today in the UK. Highest since Feb. Regardless of breaking down the cases, it’s not a good look.
Unless I am being thick I don't get why cases so high! Spain has the delta and other countries and madrid is super relaxed compared to uk and cases at around 4000....

Uk vaccinated loads and are well ahead of spain

Unless I am being thick I don't get why cases so high! Spain has the delta and other countries and madrid is super relaxed compared to uk and cases at around 4000....

Without checking we may have had the delta variation transmitting for longer, coupled with things opening up here in the UK

Unreliable figures but most recent suggest UK has identified 76,000 delta variant compared to 277 in Spain! 😲😲
www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57489740.amp

Back