Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

My experience travelling to Portugal a couple of weeks ago, not ibiza but may be useful, apologies its a long un...

Booked to travel on a Thursday at 7am. Earliest we could take our pre-departure test Monday 7am. That happened to be a Bank Holiday, after two nights at a socially distanced festival and everything that goes with that 😅 why does that matter, well it adds an issue with returning tests of using Royal Mail. I had to find a priority box picking up a Sunday service, 20 minute drive - I know we live in a backwards town but to not have 1 post box picking up was ridiculous. No problem meant to be 24hr from pick up to delivery, was 3pm Monday and didn't arrive until 08:44am on Wednesday. Concerning but if the lab got it before 11am you should get result by 5pm same day. Contacted lab at 1pm for an update and to express my concern due to early flight and needing to arrange a quick test if we get inconclusive. They contacted me at 4pm and suggested I drive to Warrington to re-test to make sure wwe get the result - 1hr drive and dropped them off - assured although they'd got 100's extra because of Bank Holiday we would get result by 9/10pm. Sons came through at 7pm, wife and MIL at midnight. Set off at 3am for airport, my result never arrived so had to check family in and stay at the airport, book a flight at 11am which was after lab reopened and before my 72hr ran out...rang at 8:30am, got result and flight.

As I landed it was announced Portugal was changing from Green to Amber. Only had test in Portugal and day 2 booked.

Brilliant family holiday. The test over there was seamless and result back in 50minutes.

Booked day 5 'test to release' and day 8 from Randox. No way of putting different codes in PLF to return but no issues either way at airport if you're organised with PDFs on phones.

Took day 2 test in the airport on return and posted at the lab on way home - result same day.

On day 4 (first day back in UK is counted as zero) received 'test to release' posted back in a drop box in Halifax day 5. Result next afternoon - so released day 6.

Still have to take and drop day 8 off in Halifax, which was our nearest box.

Long post but key points;
If you can - deliver or take it directly at a lab, I would.

Be aware of Bank Holidays and postage issue, I had no idea when I booked months prior to holiday.

Test to release realistically means quarentine ends day 6.

Still had no reply from the original lab regarding the non delivery of the first test in time.

6 negative tests (1 not mandatory) but it has not put us off travelling

My experience travelling to Portugal a couple of weeks ago, not ibiza but may be useful, apologies its a long un...

Booked to travel on a Thursday at 7am. Earliest we could take our pre-departure test Monday 7am. That happened to be a Bank Holiday, after two nights at a socially distanced festival and everything that goes with that 😅 why does that matter, well it adds an issue with returning tests of using Royal Mail. I had to find a priority box picking up a Sunday service, 20 minute drive - I know we live in a backwards town but to not have 1 post box picking up was ridiculous. No problem meant to be 24hr from pick up to delivery, was 3pm Monday and didn't arrive until 08:44am on Wednesday. Concerning but if the lab got it before 11am you should get result by 5pm same day. Contacted lab at 1pm for an update and to express my concern due to early flight and needing to arrange a quick test if we get inconclusive. They contacted me at 4pm and suggested I drive to Warrington to re-test to make sure wwe get the result - 1hr drive and dropped them off - assured although they'd got 100's extra because of Bank Holiday we would get result by 9/10pm. Sons came through at 7pm, wife and MIL at midnight. Set off at 3am for airport, my result never arrived so had to check family in and stay at the airport, book a flight at 11am which was after lab reopened and before my 72hr ran out...rang at 8:30am, got result and flight.

As I landed it was announced Portugal was changing from Green to Amber. Only had test in Portugal and day 2 booked.

Brilliant family holiday. The test over there was seamless and result back in 50minutes.

Booked day 5 'test to release' and day 8 from Randox. No way of putting different codes in PLF to return but no issues either way at airport if you're organised with PDFs on phones.

Took day 2 test in the airport on return and posted at the lab on way home - result same day.

On day 4 (first day back in UK is counted as zero) received 'test to release' posted back in a drop box in Halifax day 5. Result next afternoon - so released day 6.

Be aware of Bank Holidays and postage issue, I had no idea when I booked months prior to holiday.

Still had no reply from the original lab regarding the non delivery of the first test in time.

😩

Safe to say if we do manage to get away in Sep i’ll be leaving the testing part for someone else to sort out:lol:

Thanks for that mate , if it stays on amber Im going to be sorting this out for the three of us so this is good info. Been looking at Randox or Boots for the tests, Boots more expensive but you can do in store. Which I think you are recommending?

Thanks for that mate , if it stays on amber Im going to be sorting this out for the three of us so this is good info. Been looking at Randox or Boots for the tests, Boots more expensive but you can do in store. Which I think you are recommending?
I'm not sure if Boots still have to send them to a lab though. Personally I'll avoid anything that goes through Royal Mail.

From the government list you can usually work out which lab processes and whether you have one near. Frustrating because I think the one that messed up would be the best bet near me

Since April 26 Spain's covid cases has been going steadily down, and is now well under half that of Apr 26th. Average daily deaths are, however, still twice that of the UK but are falling albeit slowly. Maybe because of the slower uptake of the vaccine?

But with a review of green/amber countries due, I can't see any reason why the whole of Spain should be amber; it looks like everything's in place for tourism judging by this thread. I've spent over £600 for a few days in early October and I'm now expecting to go even if tests are required, I'm encouraged by the news that those fully vaxxed may not have to isolate from amber countries if they have daily tests back home.

My only concern now is the cost of the test in Ibiza on top of what I have already paid; some destinations are offering free tests I understand, is that true? Or tests from your tour company - I'm not using one?

+34 971 300 001 is the number given for Biofarma. Is this the number I call from my (UK) mobile phone or do I have to add something where the + is?

Last edited:
I have some questions if anyone can help.

I am due to go to France and return to London on 17th July. This would therefore count as Day 0 according to claretclubber above.

If I understand the regulations correctly I can test to release on Day 5 (22nd July) to be out of quarantine on Day 6 (23rd July).

I am booked to go from London to Ibiza on 24th July. That should be OK if I test to release on Day 5?

Also can I use the Day 5 test to release test as my fit-to-fly test for travelling to Ibiza on 24th July?

I am due to go to France and return to London on 17th July. This would therefore count as Day 0 according to claretclubber above.

If I understand the regulations correctly I can test to release on Day 5 (22nd July) to be out of quarantine on Day 6 (23rd July).

I am booked to go from London to Ibiza on 24th July. That should be OK if I test to release on Day 5?

Also can I use the Day 5 test to release test as my fit-to-fly test for travelling to Ibiza on 24th July?

Yes to the T2R on 22nd July and you should be out on the 23rd - depends on what system you use - Royal Mail postal ones can take a bit longer to come through - a F2F test is better but more expensive.

You wont be able to use your T2R as Fit to Fly I don't believe - UK citizens don't require a test to enter the islands at the moment FYI.

Yes to the T2R on 22nd July and you should be out on the 23rd - depends on what system you use - Royal Mail postal ones can take a bit longer to come through - a F2F test is better but more expensive.

You wont be able to use your T2R as Fit to Fly I don't believe - UK citizens don't require a test to enter the islands at the moment FYI.
Nice one thanks 👍

Is it just me that finds all this a bit too much hassle?
Totally. The only reason I'm trying for October is because I've already spent a bomb on flights and changing them. have a feeling that if I ever get there the holiday will be ruined by the anxiety of trying to get tested over there and on return and - added to that - failing those tests.

How anyone can "enjoy" a holiday right now is beyond me! Can't understand why the protocol can't be "you're vaxxed...just go and come back" because if we bring back a new strain, what are the odds that the vaccine will be able to deal with it? AND we are all supposed to be re-vaxxed in the autumn anyway.

Presuming you're from the UK, you would still have to take day 8 test on the 25th*?

I've just checked and the Test to Release states that is what it is on the certificate, so doubt you could use that.

*I was telephoned every day by Track and Trace, including day 8 after I'd gor the negative on day 5! Also not sure whether they'd know when your sample was taken, remembering you state and register the sample online the day you do it. Maybe a friend could post it 👀

Totally. The only reason I'm trying for October is because I've already spent a bomb on flights and changing them. have a feeling that if I ever get there the holiday will be ruined by the anxiety of trying to get tested over there and on return and - added to that - failing those tests.

How anyone can "enjoy" a holiday right now is beyond me! Can't understand why the protocol can't be "you're vaxxed...just go and come back" because if we bring back a new strain, what are the odds that the vaccine will be able to deal with it? AND we are all supposed to be re-vaxxed in the autumn anyway.
Honestly had a brilliant holiday, everyone we spoke to was happy to be away. As long as you're semi organised it is manageable. Not sure how easy that would be after 5 days of clubbing in Ibiza mind

While in Ibiza, I spoke to some people from The Netherlands that only entered their data in the Spth.gov app or site and because uploading a test result is not enforced by the app some people actually did enter without doing a test.

I didn't have to upload it into the app either...I just got a QR code because I said I was tested.
I actually was tested however (can you believe it, me!) and I brought my test result with me to be sure but only my QR got scanned upon entry.

Is it just me that finds all this a bit too much hassle?

Way too much mate. You know me - I want to decide to go, book a flight and be on the plane in 12 hours without telling anyone or worrying about getting stuck over there testing positive etc etc I'd be stressed out the whole time was bad enough having to weave my way onto a plane with chicken pox when I'd pulled a sneaky and gone down sick in the hotel. Hiding my rapidly developing spots under a cap and having to do a plane change in Madrid to get home was a s*d and a half. All this shizzle is a total no no :lol:

Honestly had a brilliant holiday, everyone we spoke to was happy to be away. As long as you're semi organised it is manageable. Not sure how easy that would be after 5 days of clubbing in Ibiza mind
Think if you're with someone or with a group of pals there's moral support, making sure everything's done to holding your bags while you go for a pee in the queue! In Oct I'll be flying solo and normally that's no issue as long as I look after the passport and card, but with the added nonsense of getting tested several times etc.

Also with two or a group, if you have to isolate then they can hang around and fetch you the beer and food, really difficult confined to a room and relying on the hotel or deliveries.

I'm seriously thinking of jacking October in and taking the hit on the flights. Ryanair and my insurers won't want to know, and I doubt Ryanair will allow another change to next year.

Back