Francois K

Dublin Born

Has anybody been to any of his gigs. He is playing Belfast at the end of October. I know he's a bit of a legend, one of the pioneers of house music and all that but thats about all i know.

Anybody got more info.

I saw him @ Basics in April and the guy was mindblowing, one of my favourite djs now. Perfect house music perfectly mixed.

He's playing at Sugarshack soon too. Don't know a lot about him but looking forward to finding out.

hook19 said:
He's playing at Sugarshack soon too. Don't know a lot about him but looking forward to finding out.

aye he is that!!! that months quality tho...... morillo, then x-press 2, francois k, then greame park (if i remember rightly)

Andy Holmes said:
hook19 said:

aye he is that!!! that months quality tho...... morillo, then x-press 2, francois k, then greame park (if i remember rightly)

December's not bad either, Roger S and another 4hr set from Derrick Carter!!!!!
Happy days.

Barbie said:
hook19 said:
December's not bad either, Roger S and another 4hr set from Derrick Carter!!!!!
Happy days.

As long as Derrick LETDOWN Carter doesn't do another no-show :p ;)

he's on 17th of this month to celebrate 10 years of sugarshack!!!!!!

he was on earlier in the year but unfortunately the airline lost his records but he did turn up!!!!

thing is when he's on in december is boxing day - isn;t he gonna want to be in america on xmas day with his family etc??

Andy Holmes said:
he's on 17th of this month to celebrate 10 years of sugarshack!!!!!!

he was on earlier in the year but unfortunately the airline lost his records but he did turn up!!!!

thing is when he's on in december is boxing day - isn;t he gonna want to be in america on xmas day with his family etc??

Delboy is the Daddy........but he is also the King of No-Shows :twisted: Space, Sankeys, Basics, you name it :rolleyes:

As long as he's not out with Yousef and co the night before I'm sure he'll turn up lol :p :lol:

Barbie said:
As long as he's not out with Yousef and co the night before I'm sure he'll turn up lol :p :lol:

Andy makes an excellent point there actually, Derrick Carter in Middlesbrough on Boxing Day??? Sounds like there could be a rabbit off somewhere!!
Don't get me wrong, I love the place, live there and it's nowhere near as bad as the press it gets, but even so, Christmas in the Boro for Delboy? I'm not sure.
Anyone know if he has any other Christmas time gigs over here?????

hook19 said:
Barbie said:

Andy makes an excellent point there actually, Derrick Carter in Middlesbrough on Boxing Day??? Sounds like there could be a rabbit off somewhere!!
Don't get me wrong, I love the place, live there and it's nowhere near as bad as the press it gets, but even so, Christmas in the Boro for Delboy? I'm not sure.
Anyone know if he has any other Christmas time gigs over here?????

does seem a bit strange doesn't it.............

One important thing about François K: depending on the venue he is mxing he can play 2 kinds of music, very different one from the other:

In one hand, he has a big,big big collection of Disco Music, early house, deep & soulful house in a Body&Soul style that can blow anyone's mind if you like soulful&not-140bpm's-house.

On the other hand, there's the techno side. I've been in 2 sets of this style (although I prefer the first opiton), and he played techno all night.

Depending on the club he's mixing, you'll find one or another, so be sure what side he'll choose for not being dissapointed.

Greetings from Barcelona

@ Basics he played quite a tough kind of house, not what I was expecting but music that I love.

Back