Forum upgrade, new style

james

Administrator
Staff member
i don't want to overdo it, but i've darkened the member names by a bit. can you check now pls

Don Simon

Thanks james, it's the info under the titles in the Latest posts box that I'm finding too faint.

MrHullMysterious

The only thing I'd say is that pinned posts don't really stand out anymore. Perhaps a blue wash background like behind the filter bar?

Btw I work in IT/development and the hipster coffee siping trend for slightly off white text on white backgrounds with no borders or edges boils my piss lol. (That a disabled button or a normal one? etc)

Fortunately the new skin here is usable and looks alright!

Don Simon

i don't want to overdo it, but i've darkened the member names by a bit. can you check now pls
I've had a look on my wifes phone and my tab; and it's fine, wouldn't mind a bit more definition but no worries.
However, there must be a fair few other ancient souls on the forum still using laptops who might see it like I do.

Last edited:

jimmiz

The font is a bit small for me, and I do not distinguish very well the date and time of the post, the button share, etc ...🤓
I am on android phone

Kim Wrong Un

nice job overall. i guess the blue is part of the brand but I would personally find black headers easier on the eye. Performance-wise, navigation/loading whilst logged in (on all devices) is still very slow.

james

Administrator
Staff member
nice job overall. i guess the blue is part of the brand but I would personally find black headers easier on the eye. Performance-wise, navigation/loading whilst logged in (on all devices) is still very slow.
That’s most odd Kim, because I find it very fast. I have a quickish desktop and an iPhone 8. On both the page loads are super quick. It’s not quite as fast as the main site because that is heavily cached. But still... I’m surprised :)

I also shake my head at some of the pale grey text on white background which you see a lot of today! Honestly I simply upgraded using the standard version of the software and changed some of the primary colors to match our main site. Nothing else. I prefer not to heavily customize forum skins because it makes them a pain to upgrade in the future ;)

Having said that, the contrast in some of the text could be better. I’ll keep tweaking :)