Forge Sheffield

MelvinDeath

Been a while since we've had a decent club in Sheffield, so my ears perked up about a new place opening up saying its going to be mainly aimed at techno

Weve had a few places in the last few years to cater to tech house etc

Was surprised to see it getting the likes of Dettmann in. A place to keep an eye on for anyone local to Sheff.

Screenshot_20220905-193117_Facebook.jpg

I'd be interested to know if anyone has been here yet? I've got them on socials and the club looks exactly how you'd want a 'techno' club to look and feel like in the winter, and some of the listings they're getting have made me take notice

Native Sheffield’er here

Not been myself yet but some friends going soon so will give some feedback at some point

In the meantime, we’re looking forward to Secret Loft Party’s guest Ray Mang at Hagglers Corner (amazing venue btw) in a couple of weeks

Looking forward to sampling this! Only ever done Hope works. Think this will be a class edition to shef

Marcel Dettmann played this Saturday I believe - not quite my sound but would be interested to hear any reviews.

I actually feel like Sheffield is lacking in venues that play good music for the most part. What's this Hagglers Corner like as it's not one i've heard of

I actually feel like Sheffield is lacking in venues that play good music for the most part. What's this Hagglers Corner like as it's not one i've heard of

Hagglers is a quirky mixed use venue (cafe and arty kinda stuff by day, with gigs and hipster type stuff in the evenings) with occasional club nights. It’s quite small/intimate on 2 levels with outdoor area/terrace and loft space. Zero idiots and incredibly friendly crowd. We love it!

Plenty of great venues in Sheffield - a few off the top of my head:
- Forge (hearing good reports since it opened)
- Sidney and Matilda (great warehouse style venue)
- Code
- Hope Works
- Network
- Yellow Arch (had an awesome night there this weekend!)
- Peddlers Warehouse (usual choice of venue for the Love2Be nights - next one sometime early November)
- Decks at Steelyard Kelham (The Kargo nights the best though)
- Fez Club
- Dryad Works
- Night Kitchen (not sure if still open?)
- Southbank Warehouse
- Bal Fashions
- Dina

Many pop up events at various venues (mainly warehouses) but I’m a bit out the loop being an old(er) fart now lol

Last edited:
Native Sheffield’er here

Not been myself yet but some friends going soon so will give some feedback at some point

In the meantime, we’re looking forward to Secret Loft Party’s guest Ray Mang at Hagglers Corner (amazing venue btw) in a couple of weeks
Drew! Long time sir. I hope you and yours are well.....the Sunday at Space when you definitely weren't going to bring spangled people to disturb Ange at the beach is a lifetime ago. I hope you and yours are well mate!

Drew! Long time sir. I hope you and yours are well.....the Sunday at Space when you definitely weren't going to bring spangled people to disturb Ange at the beach is a lifetime ago. I hope you and yours are well mate!
Hey … how ya doin! Long time yeah, sounds like life good at your end having lurked here occasionally. Congrats and respect to you.

And yeah a lifetime ago but on the other hand, it feels like yesterday. Ange and I often have a chuckle about that day (and the great night that followed).

All good at our end thanks. Nights out naturally slowed down for quite a time but has gathered momentum significantly after catching up with and spending more time with good friends from our party days following covid. We even all go camping etc together quite frequently so a nice balance.

Back