Follow up to Human Traffic

Hopeful that it might be alright as it isn't being adapted from another media. Not holding my breath though.

Used to love HT, but wouldn't be desperate to stick it on now. Sorry. There must be films with better, more sophisticated representations of clubs/club culture.

I was watching Morvern Callar again the other weekend and the club/hedonism scenes in that are done really well. Totally different sort of film to HT tho.

depends on what you're after really - the original HT was silly, sometimes funny, often cringe. A bit dated now (although nothing ever dates in carl cox's world). I doubt the sequel would go too deep. People will probably watch to see how Dyer would play Moff after so many years, the only real star of the show! They'll probably reprise that scene on the club sofa when the old farts moan about the environment around them. T2 went for the nostalgia angle and 40 somethings desperately clinging on to the past (a topic uncomfortably close to my heart..) but I'm not sure it really came off - maybe because the original had set the bar so high, or maybe because some sequels are forever best left in your head.

T2 went for the nostalgia angle and 40 somethings desperately clinging on to the past (a topic uncomfortably close to my heart..) but I'm not sure it really came off - maybe because the original had set the bar so high, or maybe because some sequels are forever best left in your head.

I preferred T2, came with far lower expectations.

Not seen that, I will have a look ;)

It's great, not really a clubbing film but a film of great contrasts, mainly between bleak Scotland and sunny Spain, and holiday Spain and traditional Spain. Also has a great Samantha Morton performance and a cult-ish soundtrack.

It's great, not really a clubbing film but a film of great contrasts, mainly between bleak Scotland and sunny Spain, and holiday Spain and traditional Spain. Also has a great Samantha Morton performance and a cult-ish soundtrack.
I have ordered the book, probably watch the film after, best way. Cheers needed a new book.

depends on what you're after really - the original HT was silly, sometimes funny, often cringe. A bit dated now (although nothing ever dates in carl cox's world). I doubt the sequel would go too deep. People will probably watch to see how Dyer would play Moff after so many years, the only real star of the show! They'll probably reprise that scene on the club sofa when the old farts moan about the environment around them. T2 went for the nostalgia angle and 40 somethings desperately clinging on to the past (a topic uncomfortably close to my heart..) but I'm not sure it really came off - maybe because the original had set the bar so high, or maybe because some sequels are forever best left in your head.

T2 also had the added problem of being adapted from a book which was excellent. I quite enjoyed it purely for the nostalgia element, but felt a bit disappointed at the same time as it was so far removed from the book. HT, I really don't know how a sequel would work, would give it a watch though.

I first heard of this back in 2016. It was an article just hinting of it. I've been googling human traffic 2 more or less every week since. Can't wait for it. Just hope it lives up to my expectations. I really enjoyed T2. Thought it did the right thing in not just more or less repeating the first one. I hope HT2 goes down this route and isn't the same thing as the first just in modern day.

Class

Yeah the original is a classic, corny and cringe in places yes but definitely a classic film. Will also approach sequel with low expectations hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

As for club/rave culture films, I quite liked Eden. Although I obviously didnt experience the 90s Parisian house scene I saw parallels I identified with through my own circle and experiences. Great soundtrack too.

Back