First timer questions - recommendations welcome

cjm9

I'm finally going out to Ibiza on the 19th for one week. First timer so got a few questions.

We are going purely for the club experiences and want to avoid the poser side to it, got nothing against people who are all about VIP tables etc but it's not what we're up to, is there anywhere in Playa Den Bossa/Ibiza Town we should avoid? E.g We were considering going to ANTS during the day at Ushuaia but I've heard mixed things about the club?

Our current plan is:

Tues 19th: Carl Cox @ Space
Wed 20th: Paradise @ DC10
Thurs 21st: Afterlife @ Space
Fri 22nd: Insane: We Are The Night @ Pacha
Sat 23rd: Elrow @ Space or Sankeys
Sun 24th: Solomun +1 @ Pacha OR Space 27th Birthday Party OR Sankeys
Mon 25th: Cocoon @ Amnesia or Circoloco @ DC10.... (Really love the recent line-ups of Circoloco but for me it's hard to say no to Sven, Solomun and Ben UFO on the same line up. Maybe DC10 can change my mind when they announce the line up).

I've just done this based our music preference but this could end up with us spending literally more than half the week at Space... My problem is that they seem to have too many good parties to miss. Their line-ups certainly suit us best but assume it may be really rammed during this time? I do really want to see Sankeys which is why I've got it as an option on the Sat and Sunday as those nights are probably the ones we're least set on (I'll see Solomun at Cocoon anyway). So is there any of the Space parties you would suggest I could reconsider? What scale of line-up can we expect from the Space 27th Birthday? Also, which of these parties is likely to sell out i.e we should buy before we go out there?

Another question is about day parties - if we were to go to any which are the best? We are staying in Figueretas so close enough to Playa Den Bossa.

Lastly, obviously all the parties I've listed are some of the biggest on the island so I can expect very expensive drink prices etc. Do most clubs offer drink tokens which get the price down a bit if you buy in bulk? If so what kind of prices are these?

If there's any parties I've listed which you'd advise against or any you think I'd be a fool to miss please let me know!

Cheers

P.S first post on this forum, apologies if I was wrong to make a new thread for this

Welcome to the forum! :)

• I would definitely recommend Ushuaia for Ants. Really good crowd & atmosphere, music ain't half bad too ;).
• You've planned to hit a big club every night. I think everyone would love to do this but sometimes having a night off is a good idea to avoid burnout and ensure you get the most out of the nights you attend.
• Carl Cox will be very busy and I also expect the Space birthday to be very busy too. The other nights at Space may not be rammed but still busy enough.
• if you're pretty certain you're attending a party, always good to buy tickets in advance from Spotlight. I'm sure you can cancel & get a refund up to 24hours before (@stivi is this the case for all tickets) so you still have some flexibility.
• I rarely attend day parties on that side of the island so cant help there. @Dirk Bigler loves PDB, he may be able to help.
• Drinks - I've only seen Space & Ushuaia doing offers on drinks. Can't remember Space :confused: but Ushuaia was effectively buy 5 get one free. (6 Heineken bottles for €60, usually €12 each).

I'm sure people with more knowledge will be along soon to assist further.
Enjoy your trip! :D

I don't think you will be at Space too much. It's a huge place with 5 rooms, you'll not get bored! I would go for the space 27th birthday over anything else as it's Space's final year.

You can go to Circo Loco and Cocoon btw. I did in 2010, had to wait a short while for a taxi and think we left DC10 at 1am. Not sure how it is now. I could do a big night every single night when I was younger, some days even going to two events.. And sunbathing every day. I think the excitement of being in Ibiza kept me going - I'd be a wreck once I got home lol

Last edited by a moderator:
• You've planned to hit a big club every night. I think everyone would love to do this but sometimes having a night off is a good idea to avoid burnout and ensure you get the most out of the nights you attend.

was about to make that same point - there's no point trying to be a nightclub superman*

marathon not a sprint etc..

(*unless you're called FUSION)

Shady South American said:
marathon not a sprint etc..

Couldn't agree with this more - tried to do every night one week last year and was a complete mess by the end (literally couldn't walk in a straight line, brain zaps etc) and a mate had a panic attack on the Thursday morning after DC10 due to lack of sleep. Went back in September for a few days and did three nights on the bounce which was ok but wouldn't have fancied a fourth...

Just back from a week where we had a couple of nights off (using SSA's words as our motto) and the whole experience was so much better. Not only does it give you a chance of feeling semi-human when you come back but you'll be so much more up for the nights out and you'll enjoy them so much more as a result.

The hard part is choosing which nights to have off - in the end we had Monday and Weds off as we wanted to be fresh for Coxy on the Tues and had come off the back of a big weekend of Elrow and Solly (plus England were playing on the Monday - waste of time that was) and then we were so wrecked on the Weds that we didn't really fancy being squashed into the Paradise opening. Definitely missed DC10 but there's always next time (but I'd certainly recommend going if you haven't before!).

One last thing - having a night or two off lets you explore a bit and do other stuff which is just as memorable, e.g. we had a chilled one at Kumharas which I'd never got round to before and it was great.

(p.s. If you're just more hardcore than I am then ignore everything I've said and smash the f*** out of it, that itinerary is massive!)

Welcome to the forum!

As mentioned by the guys above, I'd recommend taking the occasional day off.
And make sure to get sleep between your nights out to ensure you and reality like each other :).
I think your itinerary would break me... but I'm getting old :lol:

Make sure to try and explore the island as well as clubbing, Ibiza is a beautiful place and it has ALOT to offer.

I would agree with needing a night of to recharge, made those mistakes the first year not realising how important sleep was, missing a night and having a great night either side of that day beats having 3 semi shit nights through just being a zombie.
Last year nearing the end of two weeks on the island i was literally falling asleep whilst walking home from Sankeys closing, wasnt good lol.
But i dont touch drugs and im an awful sleeper so im pretty exhausted all the time but i just love it too much and push through quite easily tbh...
Have a great week, sounds quality

Also defo buy your tickets here to any nights you 'know' you are going, firstly it just reduces stress on the island and wondering if you could of got a better deal elsewhere and also they burn a big hole in your pocket when in resort so with them out the way it makes your money seem like it goes further (even though youve really spent the same)

Last summer was my first time going to Ushuaia, but definitely enjoyed myself and I'm looking forward to going again soon when I'm back on the island (in fact, the 17th-22nd). The music and crowd tends to be a bit mainstream, but it's a great outdoors space and a fun crowd that's there to have a good time. If you get there early, you can enjoy a drink around the splash pool listening to the first DJs, and it's pretty easy to meet to friends to party with for the rest of the night.

And you can party every night, but it depends on how hard you throw down each night and if you try to get in beach time during the day too. Last summer for me was nine days with only one night off, doing Ushuaia and a club most days, and it was literally one of the best weeks I've ever had in my life. Period. But I took it easy on what I consumed, skipped the beach to get in a solid seven hours of day-sleep, and made a point to get in a healthy afternoon meal (usually at Passion Cafe -- I credit them for helping me survive the week).

As for other club nights -- trance is my music sweet spot, and Amnesia is my favorite place to be, so I can't pass up going to Cream on Thursday night (especially not when it's Above & Beyond). It might not be the same for you if you have techno in your blood, but the friendly trance family vibe there just feels so right to me.

This trip will be my first time at DC10, but I've heard it's a special place and worth a try. Since DC10 opens early and Amnesia runs late, perhaps you can do some of both? It's a pretty short drive from DC10 to Amnesia. Of course, these all assume that things go as people seem to expect, and that Amnesia will still be open in two weeks (see the discussion thread on the raids there by the police).

Thank you all very much for the replies, all very helpful.

Yeah, we're planning on going out every night, it's nothing we haven't done before but yeah I'm aware that we will be brain dead by the end of it. We will pretty much just be going throughout the night and sleeping most of the day. Will try and see as much as Ibiza as poss and get some beach time in as I know it's a lovely island but as bad as it sounds it's not a priority for us. But I understand all the advice as we don't want to be in a position where we have to force ourselves to go out, in which case we will take a night off towards the end.

@TheGreatRabbit It's funny you say that because although I'm mainly into my techno and house, I do love trance and Above & Beyond are one of the best acts I've seen. It was actually them who changed my mind on trance music when I saw them at Rockness a few years ago and I've seen them twice more since. So I'd love to go to Cream for that, can only imagine how amazing they would be in Ibiza and we've only got one night at Amnesia planned so far. However, the Afterlife line-up is right up my street in terms of what I actually listen to these days so would be gutting to miss and convincing my two mates to go to Cream over that will be nearly impossible anyway.

May do both Circoloco and Amnesia depending on what the funds are like by that point! Really hope Amnesia doesn't shut down. What would this mean for Cocoon if so?

Considering Sankeys for the Sunday as it's the only line-up I'm really interested in at all.. although Space 27th Birthday or Solomun +1 both sound better to me, it's just that I feel like I should see what it's like.. is it worth missing these two nights for?

Also another question, what are the bouncers like over there? Are they strict in terms of not letting people in if you're boozy?

As for other club nights -- trance is my music sweet spot, and Amnesia is my favorite place to be, so I can't pass up going to Cream on Thursday night (especially not when it's Above & Beyond). It might not be the same for you if you have techno in your blood, but the friendly trance family vibe there just feels so right to me.

I approve of other people who like trance :D

Well you certainly have picked a great week bro, love your attitude

Iam in two minds about the Sunday as well Viva Warriors have Leftwing & Kody playing at Sankeys and they really are good, they blew me away the last time I saw them and matched with that sound system it will really go off ( plus Sidney and Sante ) . I am waiting for the line up from Space to be released...

As a leftfield suggestion .....Friday at Sankeys you have Clockwork Orange with a line up of original Ibiza old & new Skool DJ's which is one of the best weekends of the year, you can see Nic F and Bicep anytime, but this line up together in Ibiza is just a yearly affair....super friendly experienced clubbers with nothing but music and having a good time on their mind and not all old duffers either

Have a great time and let us know how it goes !

As a leftfield suggestion .....Friday at Sankeys you have Clockwork Orange with a line up of original Ibiza old & new Skool DJ's which is one of the best weekends of the year, you can see Nic F and Bicep anytime, but this line up together in Ibiza is just a yearly affair....super friendly experienced clubbers with nothing but music and having a good time on their mind and not all old duffers either

Exactly the kind of suggestions I'm looking for mate, might check out Clockwork Orange then. Big fan of Nic F, Bicep and &me but seen them all before and what you've described sounds like a proper Ibiza experience.

I'll be at Afterlife, Elrow and Clockwork on those dates. Looks a great week tbo.

Maybe you should check out a day party at Bora Bora beach club if it's your first time, it always looks packed on the beach outside, and like everyone there is having a good time (a lot look off their barnet). Not at all like Ocean Beach lol. I've only really observed as when I've been near there the music hasn't been to my taste. I'm not sure what the music policy is. I've only ever been to the one off day parties like Carl Cox birthday. I would be interested in advice on day parties too.

How about a boat party ? 6pm - 9pm

19th July is Float Ya Boat, it buzzing they have laid on a 2nd boat as the first one is sold out, Jason Bye is headlining, and I can assure you he knows how to rock the place, full Function One system cruising around the island and they do a combo ticket into Space, it's a cracking deal with fair drink prices. They sail from San An, cheap for you and ya firm to get a taxi over.

Check out their website, or FB Jason Bye for a couple of video's of what to expect.

I'm finally going out to Ibiza on the 19th for one week. First timer so got a few questions.
Our current plan is:

Tues 19th: Carl Cox @ Space
Wed 20th: Paradise @ DC10
Thurs 21st: Afterlife @ Space
Fri 22nd: Insane: We Are The Night @ Pacha
Sat 23rd: Elrow @ Space or Sankeys
Sun 24th: Solomun +1 @ Pacha OR Space 27th Birthday Party OR Sankeys
Mon 25th: Cocoon @ Amnesia or Circoloco @ DC10.... (Really love the recent line-ups of Circoloco but for me it's hard to say no to Sven, Solomun and Ben UFO on the same line up. Maybe DC10 can change my mind when they announce the line up).

if you manage to stick to that amount of big nights, hats off! I know I couldnt. even when I was 18, I only did 5-6 big nights in a two week period. 2007 I did 3 in a row with zero sleep (Take Note, Very fckin bad idea). should have slept the second night.

My advice take a break on Thursday 21st, few beers at sunset strip, chill out. Then maybe go somewhere after for a bit and off to bed. you will be thankful of the rest.

On my last night I never have a heavy session, cant hack the plane journey home tbh.

whatever you do, just have a blast and enjoy the addiction that is... Ibiza.

Yeah, we're planning on going out every night... Will try and see as much as Ibiza as poss and get some beach time in as I know it's a lovely island but as bad as it sounds it's not a priority for us.

I hear ya. Over the course of around 20 days in Ibiza, I've probably spent a total of only a few hours at the beach. It is a beautiful place, and when I've stayed near the water it makes a great view when getting ready for the day. But time in Ibiza always seems too short, and it's the music and dance scene that make it a special place for me.
@TheGreatRabbitIt's funny you say that because although I'm mainly into my techno and house, I do love trance and Above & Beyond are one of the best acts I've seen.

It is a great experience -- their sets feel a lot more personal and connected in space like Amnesia than they do at a festival. But it is tough to have to make choices like that. Mine have just gone the other way -- missing out on going to Together or Circoloco or anything at Sankeys because my trips have been planned around A State of Trance (sadly not back this season), Cream, and the like.

But it sounds like you're going to love it there, and no doubt you'll get another chance when you find a way back again. :D

Back