Festive As F*ck

I was never a huge fan of christmas, but since I met my now wife it's changed a bit because with her family, the spanish way, it's actually a lot of fun.

over the last couple of years now (and this year too), this is what we normally do:

• christmas over in palma de mallorca with wife's family (3-5 days, always depending on how the dates fall) - lots of food, seeing the whole spanish familia and seeing friends over in palma. palma is fantastic in winter.
  • back to ibiza for new years. NYE probably at home, long dinner with friends...hit the bed mostly just before it gets bright, but definitely get some sleep. then NYD get up noon-ish, champagne breakfast, lunch, a shower and off to dc10 for about 5-6pm and until the end
  • then back to palma for 6th january which is 'reyes' (the three kings) and which is the proper spanish christmas
and then, by about 10th january, the season preparation for the next ibiza summer starts properly!

Ordered Xmas food online last night.

Have friends (30/40 kids and 40 adults) coming for the inaugural Buckleys' Annual Xmas Party on Sunday. Kids entertainer, live music (my mate Tim and his guitar) food, booze and father Xmas. Can't wait
I do my big annual party a little earlier, for Thanksgiving. :)

Usually I go back to the good old US of A for the holidays but our new little banshee is a bit young to travel the distance so we're staying in Moscow this year.
Somewhat disappointed, if I'm honest, particularly as many of my friends are heading out of town for the holidays.
The missus is insisting we go buy a Christmas tree... can't remember the last time I did that!

Ordered Xmas food online last night.

Have friends (30/40 kids and 40 adults) coming for the inaugural Buckleys' Annual Xmas Party on Sunday. Kids entertainer, live music (my mate Tim and his guitar) food, booze and father Xmas. Can't wait
Sounds good Buckley!

Our circle of friends use to go out Christmas Eve on the lash, then as we got older we started having meals with a couple of babies. Last two years the groups got too big, so this year we have hired a function room and got a buffet on. Hopefully someone will dress as the big man!

All good until I realised this week Christmas Eve was a working day and Im not allowed it off. I’ll catch the last hour:spank:

Christmas started early September in my job :eek:

Last day of work on Friday until Jan 2nd, will finish up at around 3pm they treat us to a chinese and we get hammered in the canteen and whoever is left normally heads to the pub, can't wait!!

Having Christmas dinner in my Granny's house with the extended family, she's getting on a bit confined to a wheelchair so we're bringing Christmas to her, I'm on dessert duties :confused: apparently I make a good cheesecake haha.

Will spend Christmas night with my partners family having a few drinks, spend the rest of my hols relaxing probably have a few nights out if I can but Ibiza flights will be booked in January for the summer so will need to keep funds for that :D

Very productive day today, finished my shopping and wrapping. Went and colllected a massive extending table my wife won on eBay, it looks like the one on Only Fools & Horses, but at least we’ll all fit round it. Collecting the turkey Sunday morning, debating now whether to order a goose also.
Out for a meal, wine and Sinatra triubute act on Sunday. Then all the fun begins on Christmas Eve.

Back