FAITHLESS | IBIZA ROCKS | 31/08/16

McRackin

Super Moderator
Second year in a row seeing the legendary Faithless in San Antonio's open-air live music venue...

When not touring the world, the original Ibiza Rocks resident Martin Doorly always finds time for some dates on the island: Space, Cafe Mambo, Pikes, Sol House... and, of course, Ibiza Rocks Hotel. After warming up for LCD Soundsystem in july, he got behind the hotel decks one more time for another top set. Afterwards he did a back-to-back with now head resident Patrick Nazemi at Ibiza Rocks Bar.

P1330456+-+copia.JPG

Faithless were one of the first acts to play Ibiza Rocks in 2005 at Privilege but I missed them back then. Last summer I had the chance to see them for the first time at BBC Radio 1's Ibiza 20 event at Ibiza Rocks Hotel and, luckily enough, this year not only Sister Bliss did a DJ set at W.A.R! in june (and another one tomorrow at Pikes) but also the band was back for a night to remember.

The dance music pioneers reunited last summer to celebrate their 20th anniversary and they continue consistently putting on brilliant shows. It's great to see and hear that Maxi Jazz at 59 is still able to deliver the goods, bouncing around the stage and proving that he's one of the best performers of the genre. Backed by a great laser show, their performance included a good selection of songs from their six albums plus live favourite "All Races All Colours" (originally recorded by DJ Maxi Jazz & Soul Food Cafe as "Slow Down") and a new one called "Hands" (one of the few with Kyla La Grange as guest vocalist). Timeless songs like "God Is A DJ", "Muhammad Ali", "Mass Destruction", "Insomnia" and "We Come 1" were some of the best moments, something really special to be a part of.

Twenty-one years of Faithless and they're as fresh as ever.

P1330639+-+copia.JPG

Ibiza Rocks tickets for the last two events of the season here:
:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

Reactions: em
forum member Carltoon said:
Faithless at Ibiza Rocks. I've seen The Enemy, Mark Ranson and Reverend & The Makers and this outshone them all. The quality of the performance was second to none. Atmosphere was good and it was easy to get drinks.

Faithless setlist:
Emergency
All Races All Colours
God Is A DJ
Muhammad Ali
Crazy Bal'Heads
Mass Destruction
Insomnia
Hands
What About Love
Salva Mea
Swingers