Exit Festival

Laurent Garnier added! When did that happen? :eek: 8)

...and best of all - KRUDER & DORFMEISTER!!!

omg I'm like a pig in $hit! :lol:

Seen loads of places mate.. Problem is a lot of them appear to be dives. Or places where the family stay in one part of the house while you rent another! mad.

Flights and tickets booked 8)

Now I just have to find a hotel :lol: (Robder - hope you've got room in that tent!)

Robder is :lol:

OK, hotel question for those of you attending who have booked. Did you find something close to the old town (and thus, to the bridge over to the festival ground) or are you living further away?

I've found one nice hotel room but it appears to be driving distance. Wondering if I should hold out for a response from the other hotels I've contacted :confused:

OK - this is silly now. I'm going to Glasto the week before I fly out ffs.

I'm going to have had a t!ts full of tents by then.

Am I too late to get something near the site? Personally don't mind sleeping in a smack den as long as it's not made of canvas and is close to the action.

Hmm... I've got 2 rooms now.

One is down south on the same road as the campground but a good distance further along. Requires 100% deposit, non-refundable.

The other is up north near the train and bus station. Closer to the old city but only marginally closer to the festival site. Requires 60% deposit.

What to do!? :confused: :confused:

One is down south on the same road as the campground but a good distance further along. Requires 100% deposit, non-refundable.

The other is up north near the train and bus station. Closer to the old city but only marginally closer to the festival site. Requires 60% deposit.

Get the larger of the two and allow me to crash on the floor. ;)

I wouldn't worry about being miles away... the taxis are so cheap.

But also a little dodgy...

(he says reminiscing about the purple Yugo with leopardskin seat covers)

The former one sounds like much more of a better location (though admittedly we're closer to the latter, I think?)

If you can wait a couple of days I'll sort out a map via google earth of where you need to be etc. I haven't got time for it at the mo.

Essentially you'll want to go to the south west side of the river, as close to the point where the bridge from Novi Sad touches the shore.

TBH The town is pretty small, no matter what it looks like on a map. And the walking from place to place is so infrequent (twice a day tops) I wouldn't get too het up on where you'll be staying.

Does anyone know of anywhere close to the festival with air con?

Or at least a shower which isnt shared?

The former one sounds like much more of a better location (though admittedly we're closer to the latter, I think?)

If you can wait a couple of days I'll sort out a map via google earth of where you need to be etc. I haven't got time for it at the mo.

Essentially you'll want to go to the south west side of the river, as close to the point where the bridge from Novi Sad touches the shore.

TBH The town is pretty small, no matter what it looks like on a map. And the walking from place to place is so infrequent (twice a day tops) I wouldn't get too het up on where you'll be staying.
exit.jpg

Here it is on a map. Neither is option is too close, but not too far either. I'm guessing that's about 5km. Even if they quadruple the normal taxi fare, it'd be less than I pay for a cab to work every day to get from the hotel to the festival (they're that cheap!!). I just worry about the availability of taxis.

The missus is leaning towards the posher option (#1). It's that 100% non-refundable we-dont-care-if-your-hamster-died pre-payment that gets me.

Oh, in fairness they are quite remote (more remote than what I was expecting!).

Most of the town is certainly closer to the Option 2 location, and general travelling time wil be less (All the action (well, restaurants, shops etc - there's not a great deal to do) is centered around the Old Town.)

The area labelled SAJMISTE is the Novi Sad CBD - it's full of offices and a few (office traveller) hotels (it's also VERY humid and a little smoggy, should that be a consideration - purely as it's the only place in Novi Sad that has any traffic). For cabs n stuff you'd be much better off staying nearer there (though if you could walk from your Option 2, then you could walk to the festival IMO...TBH I just can't imagine that the walking would be too much to handle. The towns buzzing full of festival goers, and the thought of getting a taxi, even from one end of the map to the other (aside from 1 time when I got lost!) just doesn't really seem relevant.

I can't remember exactly, we're staying in the gap between the Old Town and Option 2.

Walking off to option 1 gets further into a more residential/local atmosphere. Past the football pitch (which is next to a shopping mall (the big orange/brown blob)) is pretty undeveloped

Back