Ex-ravers with kids in Ibiza

jonnytekno

Hi there. Me and my wife were massive ravers back in the day. My wife lived in Ibiza for a couple of years in the early 90s. Neither of us have been back since mid-90s but now we are coming in July with or 2 awesome boys who will be 5 and 2 and we staying in Santa Eulalia. I want to know the best things for us to do that will satisfy the rave in us but also entertain the kids. For example, beach bars with cool music but stuff for the kids to do and not too many knob heads. The music is important to me and it is important to me that my boys are exposed to that but I don't want people gurning at them obvs. Love suggestions thanks.

Beach Bars

Sa Trinxa with jon Sa trinxa or Franco moiraghi
Jockey club with Rod spin or I do ibiza crew or other great djs (favourites are the ones written there)

for the clubs Woomoon at cova santa (if still in cova santa) , as u can bring kids.
zoo project at benimussa , u can bring kids there too.

many events at las dalias such Namaste party

yes they can enjoy the mandela garden but at least 4 years old i think...kids r allowed at zoo project for sure

i forgot to mention some events at Attzaro & all drumming events at cala Benirras, san jordi market & hippy markets (even it's not really "hippy" as written in my french guide for punta arabi hippy market (tourist trap) but i saw many kids and families at (claiming)hippy markets )

Hi there. Me and my wife were massive ravers back in the day. My wife lived in Ibiza for a couple of years in the early 90s. Neither of us have been back since mid-90s but now we are coming in July with or 2 awesome boys who will be 5 and 2 and we staying in Santa Eulalia. I want to know the best things for us to do that will satisfy the rave in us but also entertain the kids. For example, beach bars with cool music but stuff for the kids to do and not too many knob heads. The music is important to me and it is important to me that my boys are exposed to that but I don't want people gurning at them obvs. Love suggestions thanks.

Hi mate , I live in santa e , we have a boy (8) if I was you seperate the holiday ,
Don’t take the kids where there is a party going on , loads of gear about, loud music, and some twats

Get a baby sitter and smash it for a few hrs ,

Agree with this.

We have been taking the kids for last few years and this year my boy and girl will be 5 and 2.

We make sure grandparents come for at least part of the holiday and get a few nights off to live it up again.

Best places to take the kids if you want them to get the vibe I would say is Kumaras. Bit of a distance from SE but worth it. Good food, music and people. And the kids can play on the beach if they want.

Ocean Beach Club hosting a kids party on May 5th

from their website:

From 12pm-6pm, Ocean Beach Ibiza opens its doors for the little ones, hosting a mini party with lots of fun activities such as treasure hunts, creative arts & crafts and delicious cooking workshops all to raise money for APNEEF, the Association of Children with Special needs of Ibiza and Formentera, there will be a discretionary 3€ charity donation.

This was just posted about a family rave starting in May...

https://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/big-box-little-box-tba-2018.77562/

Just don’t get this ,,, kids don’t want to be in a nights club. ,,

Let them dicover it when they are older ,,

I’m a bit of a hypocrite becasuse we do go to the amnesia party for kids every year ,,

We go in for the last 30 mins and the foam ..

But a weekly party ! Jesus . Get a babysitter and go out don’t drag little jonny with you .

I’m really conscious of kids finding sweets on the floor !! So don’t thinks it’s a great idea

Just don’t get this ,,, kids don’t want to be in a nights club. ,,

Let them dicover it when they are older ,,

I’m a bit of a hypocrite becasuse we do go to the amnesia party for kids every year ,,

We go in for the last 30 mins and the foam ..

But a weekly party ! Jesus . Get a babysitter and go out don’t drag little jonny with you .

I’m really conscious of kids finding sweets on the floor !! So don’t thinks it’s a great idea
I dont think anyone wants to honestly go hardcore with their kids. However there are always exceptions. Of all the options, I think an indoor daytime "rave" at Eden may be last on my list.

From what I can see, I do think an afternoon at las dalias acid sunday is reasonable, maybe even woomoon at cova santa.

Some suggestions are needed for July. Where to go with to kids age 9 and 12 years old,day or early night?
Any dj events where we can bring them?

Last edited:
Some 'kid-friendly' parties that we have considered:

"Nights"
-Woomoon (early)
-Cosmic Pineapple (early)
-Acid Sunday (early)
-Namaste

"Beach Bars"
-Sa Trinxa
-Kumaras

Mine are much younger than yours, so you probably have more options and flexibility. No hard plans for any of them. We will probably decide that same afternoon, depending on the kid's disposition.

Reactions: Liv
Hubby & I Always get a baby sitter when we’re out as a family, but only go 2 nights till 4am max over 14 days.

Last year we took my 7 year old to Woomoon from 6-10pm. She adored every minute. Gutted to leave. Dancing on my shoulders. Also took her to see Prydz at Mambo (she digs him) for an hour early on. Again on my shoulders. I don’t drink at all when we take her, hubby may have a beer or 2. We make sure her eyes are on the DJ watching him mix (errr, press buttons), not at the youngsters doing the balloon shit at mambo. Woomoon there were loads of kids till we left. Not sure about after. This year I was looking at Corfu for a family holiday. Kiddo asked if Woomoon was there. I said no, so she opted for ibiza. We have brought her every year since she turned 1.

Back