EL DIVINO (winter 2005)

McRackin

Super Moderator
and here comes another surprise!! :eek:

as you might know soul city in the west end opened this winter as a jazz club with live music (more info here). believe it or not el divino has announced that reopens on january 5th but not as house music club like during the summer (and some years ago also in winter)..........

oh!! :oops: --->
Img_0759.jpg

.......... it opens with live music (jazz, funk, soul, rock, etc) :!:

open on fridays and saturdays from 11pm plus sundays from 5pm. food provided by inter culinarium!! :idea:

great news as this means another place to enjoy concerts apart from teatro pereyra (mon. to sat.), racó verd (thu. + sat.), de miedo (thu.), rustic (fri.), es cantó (sat.), guaraná (sun.), etc!!
jammin.gif

you know where is teatro pereyra..........
430232514.jpg

.......... racó verd is in san josé..........
RacoVerd2.gif

.......... de miedo is in the port..........
ibiza12.gif

.......... es cantó is in san antonio..........
escanto.jpg

.......... guaraná is in santa eulalia..........
guarana.gif

.......... and rustic is in cas serres (between figueretas and playa den bossa) :!:

as raco verd is now my local bar i'm pleased to announce that they also have live music there on some fridays too. i caught paco fernandez there a couple of weeks ago as we were entertaining one of jaki's business colleagues here - a fabulous meal in el destino followed by a flamenco jazz cabaret in raco verd - tremendous!

what a stressful life, eh?
rauch25.gif

682.gif

btw, a friend just told me that at the moment the concerts at racó verd go like this: rock on thursdays, flamenco on fridays and jazz on saturdays!! :p

paco_online_3.jpg

paco fernandez

apart from various bands every week, joan ribas (dj at pacha since 1984) will be behind the desks with his usual funk/jazz-y sessions!! :p

Joan%20%26%20Pippi%20at%20Pacha%20.90%27s.jpg

joan with an old buddy: pippi

statuas d sal (the most famous local rock band) will be playing at el divino this saturday :!:

some of you might remember the guy playing the guitar at the subliminal pre-parties..........

DSC00040.jpg
sbch0064.JPG

.......... that was cayetano, ex-member of statuas d sal!! :idea:

do the clubs jus change the sorta music they play etc wen it comes 2 winter then as el divino playing that music eh???

not really although some of them do it..........

btw, now joan ribas is only on sundays. on fridays and saturdays el divino has to dj gustavo :!:

the billboard at the entry of the port of ibiza nueva:

PrewEivissa010.jpg

Los Reyes Del K.O.
El Divino disco continued it's great project to bring back live music on the island at the weekend by staging a brilliant concert by the group "Los Reyes Del K.O" (The Kings of the Knockout). Based around the brilliant guitar playing & voice of Adrian Costa & the fantastic blues harmonica of Esteban Cabezos, the Kings used local support musicians to play their own infectious rhythm & blues songs pulled from their 2 CD's to a large, lively & appreciative El Divino audience. Though the members of the group are originally from Madrid, they now live in Berlin & spend most of their time playing in Germany, Holland & Switzerland. They have often visited Ibiza privately & are determined to return again to play with a bigger band after the success of this concert.

(the ibiza sun)

EL_DIVINO0034.jpg

no more live music and back to the djs then. el divino reopens for easter with this line-up:

· friday 25th :arrow: joan ribas + igor marijuan (global fm)

· saturday 26th :arrow: joan ribas + oriol calvo (delta discos)

*free entry*

Img_0703.jpg

i little bird told me today that el divino has bought The Mao Rooms and they r opening a new venue for the summer :D

Back