East London Friday- house/techno suggestions

claretclubber

As the title says.

Be in London Friday with some friends, any pubs or clubs playing decent music. They'll be a couple of us, so no really strict doors please!

^^^ perfect advice! there is a myth that east london has lots of cool pubs playing good dance music. There are nice pubs but not many that bridge the gap. Bars like Oslo in hackney might be close

^^^ perfect advice! there is a myth that east london has lots of cool pubs playing good dance music. There are nice pubs but not many that bridge the gap. Bars like Oslo in hackney might be close

Looking for a night out in Shoreditch one weekend actually, any bars that can be recommended for Techno? Would like to try to avoid clubs to keep costs down if we can

I wouldnt go to shoreditch looking for decent music unless your going to a specific club night at Village Underground or Basing House etc. More likely to find stuff in Dalston / Stoke Newington. Dance Tunnel and The Nest always have things on.

I wouldnt go to shoreditch looking for decent music unless your going to a specific club night at Village Underground or Basing House etc. More likely to find stuff in Dalston / Stoke Newington. Dance Tunnel and The Nest always have things on.

Figured as much. Random night out it is :lol:

Cheers for the suggestions, we were staying in Euston.

Had a couple of drinks after the football in Old st but was nothing to write home about and had to pay in a few bars, makes it expensive for a northerner when each beer is cost nearly £10! Everything seemed to close at 3am, wandered round trying to find some music.

Got in a taxi gave up, checked this site and some suggestions were already closed, so re diverted taxi to Corsica studio-£28 :eek: Not surprisingly they weren't letting anyone in at that time (afterwards I thought-you couldn't rock up at whp without tics and get in) walked to ministry but was shut up, struggled to get a taxi and had to catch 2 buses to Russell square-great end to the day :cool:

wow where you paying that much for a beer??! Ive never paid more than a fiver for a pint and five pounds is pretty rare!

Sorry to hear that mate...Old Street/Shoreditch is a tough one. When I first moved to London everyone kept banging on about Old Street like it was this magical place, but when you are actually there you are thinking, is this it?? There are some really cool places but they are all dotted about off the beaten track and places come and go so frequently its hard to keep track!

The Dance Tunnel is great its just a shame it shuts early. Surprised you couldn't get in Corsica, was it full?

Least the clarets won eh?!

£5 entrance for the bars and around £4/£5 for the beer! So £10 a bar

Not sure if it was full, there was a metal rail across entrance and the lone bouncer opened it when people were getting booted out:D A few tried getting in like us but he just said needed tickets from RA, I did ask if we went Online and got tickets now could we come in- laughed said no, told us when their next day/night event is-weren't arsey though.

Yep played well first half, in good form at the minute :)

These days it feels like getting into a good night "randomly" is quite rare. Nights out are planned about 8 weeks in advance with tickets in hand as well as pre-club bar chosen in good time too

These days it feels like getting into a good night "randomly" is quite rare. Nights out are planned about 8 weeks in advance with tickets in hand as well as pre-club bar chosen in good time too

Sums it up.

Not just RA. I can't remember the last time I thought 'oh lets go out for a few drinks and see where we end up'

Even the low key nights, we still have a plan to go to Propaganda at the O2, or some kind of end game.

Its not everyones cup of tea but you can nearly always stride with pride straight into Fabric at 4am or later with no ticket or anything

One of the reasons I haven't been clubbing in UK for over 2 years now. So long I've pretty much adjusted fully to life without and don't miss what's usually on offer :eek:. Handful of nights I would have probably gone to didn't work out around other choices and when I'm ready to go out for the night anyone I know has inevitably pre-programmed their lives weeks ago or there's nothing on I'd bother giving up a weekend for !

One of the reasons I haven't been clubbing in UK for over 2 years now. So long I've pretty much adjusted fully to life without and don't miss what's usually on offer :eek:. Handful of nights I would have probably gone to didn't work out around other choices and when I'm ready to go out for the night anyone I know has inevitably pre-programmed their lives weeks ago or there's nothing on I'd bother giving up a weekend for !

I'm starting to feel this way now tbh, most of my nights last year were ok, but nothing special and usually required the loss of the full weekend.
Will be being pickier this year, minus the gig schedule.

Still a few decent places on kingsland road. Dance tunnel is the most house venue and jaguar's alright, perhaps the last decent basement in shoreditch? although loadsa people have moved to hackney wick. Helps if you know your music, don't act like a dick and don't look tragic in superdry clothing

Despite London being a 24 hour city, you've gotta know where to go and when.

Realistically after 3 you need to be a bit smart about it. Fabric or Egg are a safe bet as generally open until 7am+. Ministry is rarely busy after about 5 so avoid it for a late one. Fire/Lightbox have 5am-midday parties on Saturday & Sunday mornings so always a good bet for a proper carry on.

Back