Early season escape

smiddy444

Evening all. Been a member here for a very long time on and off but forgot my old logins as its been a few years, so new account.

I wasn't going to mention this, but I'll get it out of the way with first so it doesn't seem like a cryptic rant with bizarre conditions attached - I'm thinking of getting out of the UK due to fears over the potential of the current situation with Russia and if (and my rational side says it's extremely unlikely) it does all go tits up I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be. So now that's done.

Thinking of heading to Ibiza for between three weeks and a month, maybe longer, end of March. Go most summers part holiday part work and current situation aside I've long said to my ol madre that I'd take her early season when the weather is a bit cooler, things are quieter, and she won't have to put up with not seeing sight nor sound of me the entire time because I'm off "working" in a club from 1am until the sun rises and spend a lot of the day sleeping it off. I also always wanted to do "Ibiza with no clubs" because I'm a very firm believer that the island has way more to offer and haven't shut the f*** about it being "not just about the clubs" for over 15 years.

Flights are sorted, car is sorted (Motoluis website currently not working for reservations but I'll email them tomorrow) so it's just sorting accom.

Given the potential arrival date, length of stay, plus it being somewhat open ended, a hotel seems out of the question, though I'm open to suggestions. I know Idealista is recommended for longer term rentals but I've not used it myself before and it seems to be more an "all summer" thing and I can't commit to that just yet.

So I'm essentially looking for advice on getting somewhere that is-
- Available from end of this month on an ideally rolling basis, but possibly as short as one month.
- Isn't ropey but isn't a 20k a month palace either
- Has relatively good disabled access. My mum has MS - she can walk but no more than from one side of a room to another. So we're talking no stairs, zero entry shower rather than a bath, and that's about it. She doesn't need help with personal care or anything, just can't do stairs or stepping into a bath.
- Good internet (I'm open to satellite internet if an option and fast enough) for remote working
- Heating (AC or otherwise, I know it can be cold in spring)
- Don't care about pool, views, etc

Any advice or suggestions more than welcome.

Hi @smiddy444 are you on facebook? You quite regularly see short term lets on the workers pages. Basically, because so many agents and landlords insist on annual rentals, summer workers commit to a year contract but don't show up until later in summer. So 1 and 2 month, ending at the start of May frequently pop up. These are sub-lets though, so you will dealing with the renter and not the owner. Best not to part with any cash until you are face-to-face and have viewed the property

Having internet already on the go might be your biggest ask though

Idealista is a time-consuming toil. Lots of fraudulent listings, particularly this time of year. You are better off dealing directly with estate agents

Thanks mate. Not great news on Idealista.

Will definitely check on FB, good idea.

Wondering if there's any bog standard holiday type apartments to rent at that time of year - more pricey but probably worth it.

Back