Does anyone know...

stuie

why Internet Explorer would keep closing down on its own? It's getting REALLY annoying having to keep log back on all day! :lol:

i suffered from that b4 i got my adaware software,..touch wood it seems to be wrking fine now

gingerfreak said:
Think much more expensive and inflexible and get a mac. It'll look nice on the dining room table.

;)

Why inflexible?
ibook now a days 1.200 € THat's not expensive at all

chewie_oo7 said:
an Apple a day keeps virus away...

It's like having sex with no condom!

The only think it's not compatible are databases. Soulseek and others doesn't work neither but you have other options like acquisiton or limewire.

Gingerfreak, I've been pc user for 10 years and I work everyday with them, but since I got introduced to the joys of Mac OS X I have to recognize that it's a real pleasure work with them (although there's things on windows that are better) ;)

silvia said:
chewie_oo7 said:
an Apple a day keeps virus away...

It's like having sex with no condom!

i wouldnt know... :cry: :lol:

we've just converted to MAC OSX from classic, and after a few teething probs it runs faster, and is more stable (apart from font issues()

chewie_oo7 said:
we've just converted to MAC OSX from classic, and after a few teething probs it runs faster, and is more stable (apart from font issues()

Chewie, as a switcher (from pc to mac) I love the X, cos I feel more confident with the system, it's stable as hell and it's a little beauty. Have you discovered the exposé thing?

I don't doubt that there are a lot of things going for Macs, things like inherent stability, superb for graphics work and with the introduction of OSX things like music making have improved, but the non-proprietry nature of pcs encourages competition amongst component manufacturers leading to better products at cheaper prices, which can only be healthy. Also, with pcs you can upgrade at home to the far end of a fart. It's true that Mac prices have come down but it still seems to be the case that your get more bangs for your buck.

I've seen 'pc v mac' debates rage many times on other forums, only politics and religion seem to provoke more anger. :)

gingerfreak said:
I don't doubt that there are a lot of things going for Macs, things like inherent stability, superb for graphics work and with the introduction of OSX things like music making have improved, but the non-proprietry nature of pcs encourages competition amongst component manufacturers leading to better products at cheaper prices, which can only be healthy. Also, with pcs you can upgrade at home to the far end of a fart. It's true that Mac prices have come down but it still seems to be the case that your get more bangs for your buck.

I've seen 'pc v mac' debates rage many times on other forums, only politics and religion seem to provoke more anger. :)

I have to disagree with the components things. Mac hardware is always under garantee while in pc it's only under garantee if you choose a big brand like IBM or Compaq. Other brands are what we call in spain a "clonic", components from different manufacturers. Comparing an ibook with a toshiba right now in a spanish retailer, ibook it's 200€ cheaper :!:

And totally agree with the mac-pc discussions :D

silvia said:
chewie_oo7 said:
Have you discovered the exposé thing?

whats that?

i like the whole mac experience, always have for last 12yrs.

PC's are better for some things, mac's others!

must say when u pay for Apple gear, u are buying a nice looking bit of kit.

chewie_oo7 said:
silvia said:
chewie_oo7 said:
Have you discovered the exposé thing?

whats that?

i like the whole mac experience, always have for last 12yrs.

PC's are better for some things, mac's others!

must say when u pay for Apple gear, u are buying a nice looking bit of kit.

if you go to the corner with your mouse it shows all the windows you have open, or it shows all the aplications open or whatever, go to system preferences and look for exposee, tehre's lots of options

Back