DIXON Presents... TRANSMODERNA @ Pacha 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
@João Alves Just made a good point on the other thread: "I got a feeling that Transmoderna and Solomun will canibalize one another. Who will "win", dixon or solomun that's my question"

This is a good point. What are people's thoughts? They are 2 events in 3 days in same club. Personally I think they will just have to be clever how they programme both each week - not an easy task! But I think Solomun is now SO big that he now pulls in a wider section of people that just know its a good/big party...
Indeed Solomun has things already in place and he is huge! I don't think that's gonna change. But I agree with @Kim Wrong Un! The press release sounds pretensious and not so down to earth... I like the idea and I'm going to be in the opening... but I think this is a party just like Mosaic was... and we already get the conclusion that didn't work in the island! The only thing I can see in his favour, that mosaic didn't have is the fact that it is on fridays... maybe that will save him from failure!

However, for me and my taste, this is a great adittion, to a already promising season!

Keep them coming... ?

Indeed Solomun has things already in place and he is huge! I don't think that's gonna change. But I agree with @Kim Wrong Un! The press release sounds pretensious and not so down to earth... I like the idea and I'm going to be in the opening... but I think this is a party just like Mosaic was... and we already get the conclusion that didn't work in the island! The only thing I can see in his favour, that mosaic didn't have is the fact that it is on fridays... maybe that will save him from failure!

However, for me and my taste, this is a great adittion, to a already promising season!

Keep them coming... ?
* addition ?

it's a valid point and we've discussed it before. it's true that, depending on how the line ups will look of both parties, they could end up being pretty similar. and yeah there is a bit of risk that either dixon or solomun 'suffer' from one another. it's gonna be interesting how it all pans out.
Maybe they will start friday at pacha then go to the kave, until they get back to pacha sunday, and then return to the kave again until next friday... maybe they want a sleep free season... :lol: a never ending party, but with two tickets per week!

Maybe they will start friday at pacha then go to the kave, until they get back to pacha sunday, and then return to the kave again until next friday... maybe they want a sleep free season... :lol: a never ending party, but with two tickets per week!

festival gigs saturday and sunday are an issue for that plan though ;)

Important difference: prices

Probably I'm the only one, but I've never been to Solomun +1 (although I love him) because I'm not willing to pay 50-80€ for a club night. I'm quite surprised about the dixon admission prices and yes, I'll do that :)

Important difference: prices

Probably I'm the only one, but I've never been to Solomun +1 (although I love him) because I'm not willing to pay 50-80€ for a club night. I'm quite surprised about the dixon admission prices and yes, I'll do that :)
The prices are out already for dixon?

starting with 25€.
stivi said they will be online on Friday at spotlight... :)
Damn!! I doubt will be like that the hole season, but man... that's great news! And, you're are right... that difference in prices and the fact that it is on friday, can make a huge impact in Transmoderna numbers. Good news for the island! 25?! nice move...

25 euro for Dixon at Pacha is absolutely fantastic - a step in the right direction for Ibiza for sure. Will look to squeeze in one of his nights this summer I reckon. Appeals to me a lot more than Solomun, personally.

well he's certainly come a long way since sonar kollectiv....! as someone who consumed his music for many years I wish him all the best

shame about the pretentious press release though - reading that guff makes my teeth itch

My funthasma packed in a few years ago. But I have to agree, I wish him all the best too. Things like this give hope. An artist of some calibre, potential of great guests, sensible pricing albeit initially via early bird offers and Pacha willing to get behind something alternative from the well worn path; a fracture through the idea of clubbing. ?

Looking forward to seeing who Dixon has playing his nights. I would certainly expect it will mean less Innervisions-linked acts playing Solomun+1, and could even benefit those Sunday lineups by making them a little more varied.

Yeah and less Innervisions artists at Afterlife.

At 25 Euro tho and most likely glist options at the time, it could be worth it. I really hope there's at least two headliners besides Dixon

Not seen Dixon play in a couple of years but grabbed a couple of €25 tickets for our date in June, sure it’s the price of a drink in Pacha so not much to loose ??‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back