DIXON Presents... TRANSMODERNA @ Pacha 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing who Dixon has playing his nights. I would certainly expect it will mean less Innervisions-linked acts playing Solomun+1, and could even benefit those Sunday lineups by making them a little more varied.

well he's certainly come a long way since sonar kollectiv....! as someone who consumed his music for many years I wish him all the best

shame about the pretentious press release though - reading that guff makes my teeth itch

when's the last time you actually saw him playing in a club?

2015 at el monasterio, montjuic - pretty good party although obviously very different to this

Will you actually give this a go?

my wife will be super pleased with that - it's friday night and finally a club night she likes on the weekend!

Agree. And if you don't live there, this is dangerous night to have on when you are having bad week, and see a good priced flight out on a Friday.

I think it's a great addition to the Ibiza landscape.

Let's have it right - more Dixon on the island can only be a good thing. If the nights has long DJ sets and guests that Stivi have mentioned above and that have shared the event on social media (Gerd Janson, AME etc) then this has the potential to be a great party!

Finally a party on a Friday night in Ibiza worth attending!

Will you actually give this a go?

maybe, dunno yet - the thing is I can check out most DJs across the water for a fraction of the price so it wouldn't be a deal-clincher for me personally, but certainly go if you've never previously heard him - it is a major coup for Pacha. For anyone who hasn't experienced Dixon, he'll play a lot of moody, techy but generally accessible music (I get the impression more prog than house these days) with a few bangers in the locker - and then occasionally some beautiful stuff to bring people back up - real surprises like tanita tikaram twist in my sobriety or Afro stuff which you really wouldn't expect but which sound amazing in the moment

my only minor gripe here is with the wanky PR - I don't know if it's his team or in-house but that kind of press release does the event no favours. maybe certain things don't translate that well but either way I guess they feel everything has to be marketed that way these days - anyway i'll be interested to read the early reports

btw - I've seen ticket prices and they are actually really, really OK for ibiza standards. we'll have them on sale from friday.

I am delighted with this, and the fact it is on a Friday suits me down to the ground as the last couple of times I have gone for 3/4 nights I've had limited decent options on the Friday.

I see Radio Slave and a couple of others less exposed to Ibiza sharing the Dixon video too so it does look like he'll be bringing some interesting guests.

I do agree that the way the party is being described in the PR is serious overkill, but I will be first through their doors for their second weekend.

First time I ever saw Dixon was in DC10 in 2009. I had been a fan of his mixes before that, but that night blew my mind and I was pretty much obsessed with him for years - until the masses followed when he starting featuring at the summit of RA's top 100.

my only minor gripe here is with the wanky PR - I don't know if it's his team or in-house but that kind of press release does the event no favours. maybe certain things don't translate that well but either way I guess they feel everything has to be marketed that way these days - anyway i'll be interested to read the early reports

I do understand where you coming from, though I can kind of see why they do it. I get why many people do not like Pacha, but it is the one club where it's structure and layout makes people want to try different concepts there - It isn't just a blank dark box. However, many of tried i.e. Wisdom, Mosaic etc....... and those failed (or mixed success there). But I think Dixon is next level...

Last edited:
@João Alves Just made a good point on the other thread: "I got a feeling that Transmoderna and Solomun will canibalize one another. Who will "win", dixon or solomun that's my question"

This is a good point. What are people's thoughts? They are 2 events in 3 days in same club. Personally I think they will just have to be clever how they programme both each week - not an easy task! But I think Solomun is now SO big that he now pulls in a wider section of people that just know its a good/big party...

I do understand where you coming from, though I can kind of see why they do it. I get why many people do not like Pacha, but it is the one club where it's structure and layout makes people want to try different concepts there - It isn't just a blank dark box. However, many of tried i.e. Wisdom, Mosaic etc. They all tried this similar type party, but I think Dixon is next level...

I don't doubt any of that - my criticism is really of the language used in the press release. The English used just doesn't sound like the stuff you normally hear off a promoter. It just doesn't read naturally and feels pompous and overblown. Maybe that isn't the intention but that is how it reads to me.

@João Alves Just made a good point on the other thread: "I got a feeling that Transmoderna and Solomun will canibalize one another. Who will "win", dixon or solomun that's my question"

This is a good point. What are people's thoughts? They are 2 events in 3 days in same club. Personally I think they will just have to be clever how they programme both each week - not an easy task! But I think Solomun is now SO big that he now pulls in a wider section of people that just know its a good/big party...

it's a valid point and we've discussed it before. it's true that, depending on how the line ups will look of both parties, they could end up being pretty similar. and yeah there is a bit of risk that either dixon or solomun 'suffer' from one another. it's gonna be interesting how it all pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back