DIXON Presents... TRANSMODERNA @ Pacha 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread was about Dixon, Transmoderna originally, so I want to ask a question about that party.

We ave eve been any Dixon parties, and are thinking to go this Friday. I could not really figure out from the info on the website what style of music he is playing. We are mostly in energetic tech house (favorites are Hot Since82, Kolsch, some SOlomun tracks). Any advice ?
You could give it a try? I would say Dixon will give you music for both the mind AND the feet

Seems to me lke dixon is like a bit of melodic with a disco kind of sound to it,

he plays German 4/4 house music with nods to everything from prog and techno to gothic pop/EBM. There used to be more of a US influence in the early days but I think only Henrik out of those guys goes that soulful anymore

probably not disco though... (although I did once hear him drop the afro-disco classic Agb'oju L'ogun by Shina Williams which sounded awesome)

Last edited:
all the guys who made up Sonar Kollectiv had vast musical knowledge, ranging from jazz to techno to classical. it's what it made it so exciting because the minimal scene got so unbelievably boring and in a way they capitalised on the backlash against that. Listening to early Dixon, the Carl Craig/Detroit influence was pretty obvious - emotional techno 'machine soul' records which blew my mind. ironically Dixon's star has risen whilst C2's has fallen...

Never heard of Rio.. worth a Google? Why are people saying it will be quite this week? Dixon and Koze can't get much better than that.

Unfortunately I won't be going tonight, but I was listening to Sonica between 1100-midday today, and whoever was in that slot definitely had Transmoderna on their mind.

This was one I managed to Shazam:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back