DIXON Presents... TRANSMODERNA @ Pacha 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably worth it's own thread but live streaming events is a slippery slope.

We can't complain about mobile phones in the crowd then be completely OK with the event being live streamed on fb.

Slippery slope to what? So you never listen back to a recording of a live set when you are working away? A good part of my day at work is filled with listening back to music / live-sets and the like. Does that make me a destroyer of the industry?

Actually surely the fact that an event IS being properly recorded and streamed is a good reason why people don't need to stand around filming stuff. You can't use 'memories' as an excuse any more

exactly that. for those in attendance, hardly anyone notices if an event is live streamed. phones in your face all the time, that's an entirely different thing though. it's just my opinion but I've got no issue at all with live streaming of events.

It's probably worth it's own thread but live streaming events is a slippery slope.

We can't complain about mobile phones in the crowd then be completely OK with the event being live streamed on fb.
Have to say I kind of agree with this. Yes by all means live record a set because I love listening back to sets however if it is a live stream anyone in the world can realistically tune in and see me in god knows what state. That stream is then there to see for years to come. You may not know it is being streamed or even notice it when there but it is being recorded and can end up anywhere.

God forbid someone's boss tuned in to see an employee chewing his ears off then boom said guy could get sacked. I thought one of the main reasons berlin/berghain do not allow recording was so people go out without the fear of people recoding them and putting on social media. This whole live stream thing takes that to a whole new level.

As people have said I do love the live stream when I am not at said event as it allows me to see what the party is like and listen to some good music but if I was attending and ended up on the internet looking pickled I would not be cool with that.

Slippery slope to what? So you never listen back to a recording of a live set when you are working away? A good part of my day at work is filled with listening back to music / live-sets and the like. Does that make me a destroyer of the industry?
I listen to sets pretty much all day.
But I don't watch full sets no.
I do watch clips of events all the time, it's the age we live in, but now the internet is saturated of clips of "djs smashing it" .
I even use my phone on the dance floor sometimes too I admit.

I'm just making the point we all complain about phones on the dance floor yet we are OK with being live streamed to the world. Just creating discussion :)

I'm just making the point we all complain about phones on the dance floor yet we are OK with being live streamed to the world. Just creating discussion :)

I get your point and it's a fair one. personally I don't mind being filmed - I'm in a club having a good time, what about it? the thing I can't stand is having the constant phones (with flash light on mind) in my face. livestreams are made with cameras that are far away mostly too so much less intrusive and as I said, mostly you don't even notice.

exactly that. for those in attendance, hardly anyone notices if an event is live streamed. phones in your face all the time, that's an entirely different thing though. it's just my opinion but I've got no issue at all with live streaming of events.
I'm not saying Im completely against it, if it stops phones on the dancefloor I'm all for it, but I don't think it will affect that at all.

And you only have to see the many many 'creatures of boiler room' videos etc on YouTube making fun of people losing themselves, dancing/under the influence etc.
If you know an event is being live streamed are you likely to truely let yourself go?

Have to say I kind of agree with this. Yes by all means live record a set because I love listening back to sets however if it is a live stream anyone in the world can realistically tune in and see me in god knows what state. That stream is then there to see for years to come. You may not know it is being streamed or even notice it when there but it is being recorded and can end up anywhere.

God forbid someone's boss tuned in to see an employee chewing his ears off then boom said guy could get sacked. I thought one of the main reasons berlin/berghain do not allow recording was so people go out without the fear of people recoding them and putting on social media. This whole live stream thing takes that to a whole new level.

As people have said I do love the live stream when I am not at said event as it allows me to see what the party is like and listen to some good music but if I was attending and ended up on the internet looking pickled I would not be cool with that.

I doubt they would be live-streamed in real time - expect time delays to allow for editing. The brands who finance it wouldn't want adverse publicity.. either the wrong kind of crowd-shots or any DJ trainwrecks

OK. I do get the points about the "filming" and not just the "Recording". How many people are actually going to sit there and watch a stream? Not many I assume.

does that make a difference for anyone attending? I don‘t think so

Perhaps not, but I just thought it would something to mention about the event. It can still be relevant info for those not attending. Also, the Rockstar Games bit can be interesting, maybe they'll do something special with it, since they already animated Dixon in the GTA update last year.

Perhaps not, but I just thought it would something to mention about the event. It can still be relevant info for those not attending. Also, the Rockstar Games bit can be interesting, maybe they'll do something special with it, since they already animated Dixon in the GTA update last year.

I'm pretty curious as to what they'll do decor / visuals wise I have to say. musically I know what to expect!

Trikk and Dixon on that boat in San Francisco did sound pretty good.. ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back