Danny Rampling - Retired or not?!

Morbyd

Booked for club B1 in Moscow on January 20!

How psyched am I? :D

Now feeling less sad that I missed the UK "farewell" tour :lol:

Ya, I remember he played that MoS gig.

Semi-retired works... leaves it open to do another farewell tour later on!

Any idea when he'll open his restaurant?

When he 'retired' in 2005 it was billed as opening in 2006, obviously we're approaching the end of 2006 and there's been no mention of the restaurant for months :lol: Basically he's missing the DJing malarky hence him coming out of 'retirement' - and the restaurant business has taken a bit of a back burner cos he's realised that DJing is a lot more exciting than running a restaurant :lol:

I think the restaurant will open in 2007 but his involvement will be more £££ and the name as opposed to a direct day to day involvement.

According to my sources ;)

Might go along for your mate. I can trust your judgement.
Is that a 5pm start or 8pm? Poor choice of typeface on behalf of the artwork designer (don't tell me it's your mate!! :lol: )

he's playing a classics set at the Shindig Weekender in May

Danny that is, not your mate, obviously

I used to listen to him on Radio 1 years ago, and what with all the Shoom anniversary stuff, I'm hoping for a good night

never went to his restaurant tho

Hope you have a good night DW

i used to listen to his 'love groove dance party' a lot when I was a student. had loads of tapes (enjoyed the 'GOA' section in the last half hour) and he played a fantastic set at The End in 04? 05? - I remember him dropping quentin harris let's be young - the biggest tune for me that year and it sounded fcken amazing on that system

and as for his 'retirement' party. That was astonishing. The entire London house family turned out, all the Faith lot, Alfredo, all the old boys... was worth it for the Knuckles section alone "tonight we bring LURVE" obv everyone's entitled to change their minds, it's not as though anyone's demanding their money back, but he did make such a fanfare about it - Tong even gave him a whole evening on R1 - you'd think the man had died!

and then he met Ilona....

Back