Dance Music: Where are things at?

I am so happily surprised the resurgence in drum and bass these days, at least here in USA.

The DnB sets at Ultra Music Festival and Miami Music Week last month had a great turnout, including a pretty packed Sunday night after party. Artists like Wilkinson, Dimension, and Sub Focus seem to be having successful shows across the country. And collaborations with more mainstream names are putting DnB tracks and artists in front of more people.

Normally I give Armin a hard time about his big sets these days (can we say "Bon Jovi"? 🙄) but hearing a bit of DnB in one of his closing tracks on the Ultra mainstage felt pretty amazing.

I kinda feel sorry for her tbh. Absolute humiliation in front of thousands. On any human level, that is the ultimate nightmare. And to single her out when what 80-90% of all dance music performance is now fake theatrics seems incredibly unfair.

I kinda feel sorry for her tbh. Absolute humiliation in front of thousands. On any human level, that is the ultimate nightmare. And to single her out when what 80-90% of all dance music performance is now fake theatrics seems incredibly unfair.
I got bored of the story very very quickly.
I'm more concerned whether or not Cath my remembers to pick up some broccoli and butter on her way home.
She's an artist*, not a DJ.
Needless to say, Id never heard of her.

*Edit - performer, you are right @The Sun God

Last edited:
Back