Cocoon is still the best

I-Spy

We had a full weekend of Ibiza partying last weekend...we went everywhere.
I must say, for a club night Cocoon still pi§§es over everything.....music, atmosphere, energy, the lot.
By the way, I am not a techo head.
Is it really techno they play in Cocoon?
I always get kind of confused about the classifications of music..... When I think of techno I always think of something more hard and banging than what they play in Cocoon. I find the music there very accessible.
The other place which is getting better and better and is a must for anybody going to the Island is Ushaiia on a Sunday night.
Trust me on this one.
Get there early though as they close at 12pm. Go there the day before maybe and get someone to put you on the guest list to save any hassle.

In Geneva now....ready for Circo Loco in Lausanne tomorrow...Bring it on.

Agree with all the above....
Welcome to Switzerland, may well bump into you at Circo Loco ! Enjoy...

well david, the idea of how techno sounds changed a lot during the past few years. at cocoon, you still get some techno in the main room, but it hardly sounds like the techno we know from years ago. it's much slower and more accessible these days, just as you wrote.

have a good party at lausanne tomorrow. i'm just an hour drive away in bern but can't come, am having the flu :-(((((

True; we had a good time in both Cocoon and Ushaiia.
Went for the Desolat night on terrace with Loco Dice & Martin Buttrich; great atmosphere and nice crowd.
On the sunday, I had to be pulled for Ushaiia but didn't regret it. I think, it was the first (?)with Tania Vulcano(28 june). Very relaxed, good sushis and mojitos for the girls.
Might add Underground for the outside area, a real enjoyment.
See you on Sat.

HDR: sent you a pm.

True; we had a good time in both Cocoon and Ushaiia.
Went for the Desolat night on terrace with Loco Dice & Martin Buttrich; great atmosphere and nice crowd.
On the sunday, I had to be pulled for Ushaiia but didn't regret it. I think, it was the first (?)with Tania Vulcano(28 june). Very relaxed, good sushis and mojitos for the girls.
Might add Underground for the outside area, a real enjoyment.
See you on Sat.

HDR: sent you a pm.

Mojoitos and sushi for the girls :lol::lol::lol: that did make me laugh hard!

cocoon = mimimalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

now the terrace is so far from minimal, you could hardly think of a worse word to describe it.

i'd find it hard to imagine any fan of decent dance music not having a ball on the terrace.

Totaly agree mate. Cocoon is defo the best.

Also love Carl Cox @ Space. The guests Carl Cox has on are huge! Umek the other week rocked it and Dubfire smashed it on the terrace afterwards

2i2975y.jpg

I was watching Sven Vath's Sound of the Fifth Season filmed at Cocoon 2004 and I gotta say I am more fond of that harder, more repetitive sound. Is techno not like that anymore or are there just more genres of techno?

I was watching Sven Vath's Sound of the Fifth Season filmed at Cocoon 2004 and I gotta say I am more fond of that harder, more repetitive sound. Is techno not like that anymore or are there just more genres of techno?

It can be, the nights I go to back here are more harder and repetitive than the (now) house driven sounds of cocoon, but i think what gets played in ibiza bounces across europe and DJs start playing those records and copying that sound. I think techno is going to get a lot housier
everywhere if you know what i mean..

phrank is an amazing photographer - and a really nice bloke as well! he's around everywhere everytime!

Back