maxepix

Hello everyone !

I am going to apologize before I even put out the question because this has already been answerd a few time.

But now back to my question.
Me and 3 friends will be turning 18 soon and we wanted to plan our first Vacation to Ibiza in the summer next year.
Now lets get to the point, we want to travel with 3 other people who will be 17 at the time.
I've read everywhere that you just have to show your ID when you don't look like 18 at all.

Is this true? Because all the Answers I've read about this are quite old like 2008.

Will we get into the Clubs?

Thank you and sorry for asking this question again!

they very often do ID check young looking people and if they check the under 18s won't get in, period.

wait another year until you all are 18, not worth coming here and not getting into the clubs (if you want to come for that of course)

My daughter got ID'd by an extremely polite member of Amnesia doorstaff. She does look young, but even if I was a "man child" I wouldn't risk it.

Last edited:
Agree with everything what Stivi said. Extra year to save aswell. I got asked for ID and im mid twenties. always got asked at Space for ID. Nowhere else

I remember talking to a local girl who was working as a waitress in Pikes, who said she'd been going to Space since she was around 12...

You have got sound advice in the posts above, but personally iv actually never seen anyone get asked for id in ibiza.
I'd say as long as you don't look really young, and don't turn up really drunk or draw attention to yourself, youl be fine.
The nights you want to go to might also influence it.

I've been going to Ibiza's clubs since I was 15. I only got asked for ID at Space, Privilege and.... BORA BORA o_O

I've seen a goat on a lead in Space,im sure you'll be ok. And worse still I saw a mother and son who was no older than 15 or 16 trying to get near a well known gay dj and it looked like the mother was acting like a pimp:confused: all very strange,luckily said Dj had more sense this time as he was sober a few years.. but not lucky a few years later;) im not talking about Jimmy Saville..

Why not trying Lloret de mar or Salou ?
You will love it , most of the people in the club are around your age , you will get a first impression of clubbing , drink and accommodation are much cheaper and also you will have the opportunity to meet lot of girl in the club , on the beach , street , bar... ! They are always international dj in town as well !
I'm not sure you will love Ibiza in your age , yes you will be amazed by the club BUT paying expensive entrance , expensive drink and be with the majority of people older than you is not so great ,very hard also to meet girl + you will not be sure to get in so you will think about it during your entire stay ! Wan't be a nice experience if you get refused at the door

Go to other place , enjoy at the max with your mate and come to Ibiza ( st Antonio ) in 1 or 2 years !

I've seen a goat on a lead in Space,im sure you'll be ok. And worse still I saw a mother and son who was no older than 15 or 16 trying to get near a well known gay dj and it looked like the mother was acting like a pimp:confused: all very strange,luckily said Dj had more sense this time as he was sober a few years.. but not lucky a few years later;) im not talking about Jimmy Saville..
Quick someone tell Craig Fgparsons has hacked his account :p

@greg1183, yes, the situation/setup may be different but the actual laws for all of Spain are the same....
yes you right but those place are just full of young kids having their first experience and they will have much more chance to get in , and if not , just go to the next club 200m later and try again ...
Was trying to help as I came to Ibiza when i was 16 the first time , got to all the club ( almost 20 year ago ) was amazed but was feeling very very young ... got to other places in Spain and came back full force from 19 years old !

greg1183 has a point.

maxepix, if you come to ibiza with 18 years of age, you won´t meet that many people that are the same age as you are. most people only start coming to ibiza when they´re 20 or even above. my first visit to ibiza was when I was 24.

so greg´s suggestion is actually a pretty good one. I also know the places he suggests and it´s true, you will meet lots of other people in your age bracket there whereas in ibiza you´ll be very young and not certain you´ll get in. wait a little longer for ibiza and save some money, you will need it here anyway!

They should go.when that kids party is on in early may,can't think of the name.of it but I was there when it was on and.its crazy few days..

Back