Closing times

moesalama

what most important for me is the timings in 2018 should be better than 2017.

cocoon ending at 7 is just not worth it.

for me to enjoy a night that ends at 7 i must be at the club at around 12.30-1.

and who does this in ibiza?

ehm, I do? at least for cocoon I'm always there before 1 and never regrettet it, great warm-up atmosphere and always enough people there.
Agreed. I do too.

The idea of going past 7am and missing the day is a bit old hat. On my one holiday of the year I am determined to see some sunshine. The direction of travel is to more earlier clubbing anyway. Sometimes there can be too much of a good thing and it ends up being a process of going through the motions and wearing yourself out just to stay there or say you’ve stayed there. I’ve never seen the point in it unless it’s a special occasion. It’s not twentieth century Ibiza anymore and back then most club nights finished before 7am anyway unless it was an early start like at space.

I understand that people miss the hours on the daylit amnesia terrace. I personally wouldn´t say no if cocoon et al continued to go until 8-9am every week. I wouldn´t need more than that myself, but especially if you come in september when sunrise is already pretty late, you leave amnesia when it´s still dark(ish).

that said, I can´t see those rules changing back anytime soon I´m afraid.

in the club, Around 2 am except Elrow and glitterbox or sometimes contacts on warmup

i didnt seen a lot of known faces at the end of parties that end midday :D

amnesia opening 17 , there 2h30am (got issue with :oops: as i was in P at 1h30 and picked a spotlight that dint saw me in the road in front of bora steak n shake , i was really pissed that time and forgave her once she gave me a tix drink :lol: that i offered to a girl met that day (hope u wont read me :spank:) until midday, didnt seen a lot of people except 1 contact..all mates gave up b4 8am :lol:

was at 4h00am closing priv 17, issue with glist, who was there until 12h20 pm?

Heart closin around midday? i should discard Hi closing (there since 9pm) and stay in heart as i went there around 3h30am

Elrow closin i was beaten to death and pray they wont end 8h00am such ibz 16, they ended 7h00am +20mn i guess...2 french mates leaving the club around 5am in order to be fresh for next party, thanks god i spot a french met priv closing, it helped to not be tired as we left amnesia together

Partie that end 7h00am or 7h30am are peace of cake to hold on but those that end midday can be painful to attend..

dc10 ended 7h00am + a few mn instead of 8h00am...

ps:along last hours djs are more willing to play nice tracks out of their kind they used to play such famous disco or pop anthems :cool:, it s why it worth to stay until the end

Last edited:
I can´t see those rules changing back anytime soon I´m afraid
nope.gif

I find it funny that a lot of guys complaining about ibiza clubs closing at 7am often come from countries/cities where even big parties usually have to close at 3 or 4am. 7am is not that bad, and I agree with stivi, don't want to go longer than 9am anymore.
what's really annoying is zoo closing at 23h :/

. 7am is not that bad, and I agree with stivi, don't want to go longer than 9am anymore.
what's really annoying is zoo closing at 23h :/

I think 7am is way to early especially in Ibiza when a lot people don't get in a club till 2 am. The clubs should go on at least till 9-10 am. I genuinely don't see the issue opening till this time.

Don't think it would ever happen again but if there was a proper afterbparty or club that opened at 8 am that would satisfy a lot of people.

With the exception of a very few really big time nights, i feel like unless it is a special event the mood in a lot of rooms at 7 am is just zombified anyway (and no this is not always the case i know but it does seem that way quite a bit). I'm with Loco and Bluesuit myself in that 7am is enough for me as i like to enjoy the daytime much more these days. I dont think 7 am is really that bad as in nyc for example most of the events are ending at 6-7 with the exception of some marathons which these days dont even really go past noon as compared to some 5 years ago i can recall Resolute partys going until 6-7 pm the next day but those days are pretty much gone.

Agreed. I do too.

The idea of going past 7am and missing the day is a bit old hat. On my one holiday of the year I am determined to see some sunshine. The direction of travel is to more earlier clubbing anyway. Sometimes there can be too much of a good thing and it ends up being a process of going through the motions and wearing yourself out just to stay there or say you’ve stayed there. I’ve never seen the point in it unless it’s a special occasion. It’s not twentieth century Ibiza anymore and back then most club nights finished before 7am anyway unless it was an early start like at space.

Sleep 11/12pm - 4/5am. Club 5/6am - 9/10am. Island & sunshine 10am >>. That's what floats my boat and works alongside everything else I like to do. Give me a prod when it's possible to do this and I'll likely be back in big clubs swapping a midnight dinner for a decent lunch now and again. Otherwise clubs are very likely going to stay a once-a-year visit for me, preferably when rain is forecast for the next day !

why are people so obsessed with closing times in IBZ? nobody I know in London complains when parties finish at 6. you just go back to someone's flat and carry on (usually the best part of the night)

There are always options in London though, Fabric always closes at 8 on a Sunday and quite often goes onto 10/11 even now. Then there's smaller places like Jaded at Corsica and Fire in Vauxhall that are always open right through to 16:00 pretty much every Sunday.

You don't need loads of late licenses in Ibiza. I agree that the mood can tend to get a bit zombified and just been there for the sake it. That said some of the best nights I've had at space/DC10 and particularly Amnesia have been raving into the morning sunshine for special parties like closings etc. The mood always seems to lift around 7 for those kind of parties and I have to say Cocoon closing this year was much weaker than it has been in the past because of the early finish.

The authorities need to be a bit more flexible, perhaps giving clubs 5/6 licenses to stay open late a season would satisfy the urge for many and still strike a balance with keeping the locals (relatively) happy.

What time did the clubs close in Ibiza in the late 90s or early 2000s?

I want clubs to stay open for longer just so we can get those extra special extended sets from the headliners. But at the same I really shouldn't ask for this becuase the next day even at the 7 AM closing time now, I sleep in so late and end up missing everything else in the island. I always think to myself that I'll explore another day but before you know it, my vacation is done and I'm back home to hell lol.

It's a mixed bag...I've been lucky to experience some daylight in the Amnesia terrace or at Vista but when I saw Carola playing past 730 this past July, I couldn't help but feel excited and was really hoping we'd get the old closing times of 9 or 10 AM lol

Unfortunately the heavy hitters in the clubs i.e sparklers in your vodka bottle types aren't interested in staying in clubs any time after 4am anyway.

The island is slowly but surely losing the freedom that it had a number of years ago. The clubs closing at 6/7am without any negotiation is just another nail in its coffin.

If I was just starting out clubbing now and I went to Ibiza for the first time then I would be severely disappointed. I remember before I went for the first time I had heard tales of parties starting at 8am, people enjoying themselves and everyone on the same wave length. It won't be long before you need a collar and tie to get into the clubs. Either that or be dressed as a Saudi Prince

Back