Clockwork Orange 2021

pyramid still happening on the CO date at amnesia so I guess it‘ll be one floor for the orange army and the other one for pyramid
saw that yesterday when looking on the amnesia website, looks to be taken off now, only elrow between these dates as i’m sure CW will be on sale March time but VIP can purchased on their website..

Attachments

• 7C1623B2-D228-4BB3-A874-9E2362A6DB82.jpeg
    7C1623B2-D228-4BB3-A874-9E2362A6DB82.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 20
I've never made any secret of the fact this event is not aimed at the likes of me, but am interested in why it's so popular - is it the retro 90s vibe? or just a big day out for people who don't get out so much anymore? the familiar names? I am not having a go before anyone starts, just trying to understand it

I've never made any secret of the fact this event is not aimed at the likes of me, but am interested in why it's so popular - is it the retro 90s vibe? or just a big day out for people who don't get out so much anymore? the familiar names? I am not having a go before anyone starts, just trying to understand it
If I had to sum it up in one word - Atmosphere

Last edited:
I think it's a combination of those things and actually the names on the line-up have very little to do with its attraction. The majority of DJs there keep getting booked because they're as much apart of the community as the attendees. Bet lots of the smaller names don't even get a fee, just do the gig in exchange for a flight and hotel - and I'm sure they're very happy with that arrangement

interesting social experiment really. people now in their 50s/60s really are the laboratory guinea pigs of acid house - how far can they push it?

funny how Farley & co used to spend all day slagging off retro nights and 'part-timers' - how times change :)

As others said, atmosphere. But other factors too. Human nature dictates that many reflect back to their youth and start of their going out days for the best music and clubbing times of their life. So for some of us the music was better then than it is now. CO was always associated with hedonism and a good party and the island itself. It’s a moment in time that veterans can relate to and at least try and enjoy again.

that is a good point about having a good crowd - I always find this at sa trinxa too. I'll let all sorts of cheese pass if there is an electric vibe. I have different hats for different occasions

Last edited:
If they are sharing the Amnesia date with Pyramid that would be really annoying...... 2 completely different crowds on the same night plus they opened the main room 2 hours early last year because the terrace was ridiculously rammed.

If they are sharing the Amnesia date with Pyramid that would be really annoying...... 2 completely different crowds on the same night plus they opened the main room 2 hours early last year because the terrace was ridiculously rammed.

Are the Saturday party rumours true? If yes, then I would think a lot of folk don't do every single night and Sunday likely to be less busy than last year

I dont think the Pyramid crowd is a bad crowd, for what it's worth. Different, yes. But usually good vibes and knowledgeable

Are the Saturday party rumours true? If yes, then I would think a lot of folk don't do every single night and Sunday likely to be less busy than last year

I dont think the Pyramid crowd is a bad crowd, for what it's worth. Different, yes. But usually good vibes and knowledgeable

I believe there will be a day party on Saturday as well as the Zoo on Friday. No Es Paradis on the Friday night though so Amnesia will be the only proper night time party over the weekend. Amnesia was rammed last year and the two rooms meant there were 2 distinctive musical styles when the main room opened..... there's no way CO & Pyramid will compliment each other. The VIP was also completely sold out in both rooms last year and the upstairs was busier than i've seen it since Cream's heyday so with most of them already sold (i think 80% are gone) i don't know how that will work.

Hopefully they let CO have the one off exclusively and Pyramid can have the rest of the season.

Back