Clean Bandit + Karen Harding @ Ibiza Rocks (05-08-15)

McRackin

Super Moderator
After last week's roadblocks for Rudimental and Faithless, this week saw the return of Clean Bandit at the Ibiza Rocks Hotel... and of course I wouldn't miss it as there's no place I'd rather be on a wednesday night!

The 23 year old Karen Harding is a singer from Consett, County Durham (birthplace of Rowan Mr Bean Atkinson as well!), known for her appearances on Eurovision: Your Country Needs You and The X Factor. Her debut single "Say Something" (produced by MNEK) reached number 7 in the UK Top 40 at the beginning of the year. You can also hear her voice on Arches' lastest single "New Love".

The rising vocalist debuted on the island last monday at Ibiza Rocks Bar, where she mesmerized people with her voice. Like on monday, she was alone on the stage with the addition of a saxophonist for certain songs. Apart from the already known material mentioned above, other favourite moments were "Those Girls" (b-side of her first single), "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston and especially the outstanding vocal work on "Compare".

Calling her the Whitney Houston of House music (as Noisey did) is an exaggeration but it's obvious she has a great voice and we might be in for some pleasant surprises in the near future!

P1230885+-+copia.JPG

Third year in a row for Clean Bandit. First we saw them opening for Ellie Goulding when they were still unknown for most of us and last year as headliners presenting their first album New Eyes.

This time the London-based group came without one of the core four members, as for some reason Jack Patterson wasn't behind the keyboards. The rest (Grace Chatto, Neil Amin-Smith and Luke Patterson) were accompanied by Elisabeth Troy as the main singer (who already performed with them last summer), Christina Hizon on keyboards and also singing and another girl doing backing vocals. Highlights of the concert included "Real Love", "Stronger", "Up Again", "Extraordinary", the new single "Disconnect" (from their forthcoming second album) and the encore with Robin S' "Show Me Love" and the smash hit "Rather Be".

They proved they continue mixing classical music with electronic beats as nobody else do!

P1240574+-+copia.JPG

By the way... Olly Alexander, vocalist of Years & Years (who we saw earlier this season at the opening of Ibiza Rocks) and boyfriend of Neil Amin-Smith, was in attendance!

The legendary De La Soul will visit us next wednesday... tickets here, if you haven't grabbed yours yet!

Clean Bandit setlist:
Real Love
Cologne
Stronger
A+E
Come Over
Up Again
Extraordinary
Heart On Fire
Disconnect
Mozart's House
Dust Clears