Cheapest car service hire?

I can vouch for Moto Luis. I have used Moto Luis on two occasions and have been satisfied with the experience and they tend to rate as inexpensive. Also, all things being equal I prefer to work with a smaller, local company.

The trip next summer we are considering Autos Mari, primarily due to a convenient location (Portinatx). We will be switching from a 8-9 passenger van to a regular passenger car at least once. I looked at their website, and it looks suspiciously like the Moto Luis site. Has anybody ever used them? Are they related somehow?

I can vouch for Moto Luis. I have used Moto Luis on two occasions and have been satisfied with the experience and they tend to rate as inexpensive. Also, all things being equal I prefer to work with a smaller, local company.

The trip next summer we are considering Autos Mari, primarily due to a convenient location (Portinatx). We will be switching from a 8-9 passenger van to a regular passenger car at least once. I looked at their website, and it looks suspiciously like the Moto Luis site. Has anybody ever used them? Are they related somehow?
I've used both ML and AM, equally good. As far as I know they are not related.

Agree with what’s already been said about MotoLuis.

Hired a Wrangler jeep from them last summer.

Got a good price and actually picked the jeep up a few hours ahead of time. I only popped in in the morning to check if I had to bring my licence later on or anything like that.

Jeep was all cleaned up spotless and had a full tank of fuel.

We paid the insurance fee for peace of mind and left a €100 deposit.

By the time I returned it 4 days later it looked like an absolute shed!

The night time rain carried loads of sand and the jeep was filthy!

Id also scraped the wheel arches on a crash barrier! Swerved to miss a scooter on the way up through the hills.

Thought I’d lose my €100 for sure ?

But no, they were fine about it :D

Said they were happy enough as I hadn’t hit another vehicle, and they were all too familiar with dusty vehicles in Ibiza.

€100 returned :D?

I will use MotoLuis again this summer for sure.

Ps if you are over there in August watchout for all the crazy Italians on scooters ?

I used RecordGo via doyouspain, second time using doyouspain without disappointment..

Price advertised for the ten days was €27 :eek: and despite the agent on the desk telling us we couldn't use a debit card, I showed him the booking (which contained a statement to the contrary) he gave in and handed us our keys ?

received a 6 month old Fiesta with 6000kms on it, slow as hell but well specced!
got a puncture which we just had a roadside garage fix for €8.

Upon returning the car, an agent appeared with an ipad and took pics while we waited. Handed over keys and receipt for fuel.. total cost for 10 days hire was €35 (including puncture repair)!

I used RecordGo via doyouspain, second time using doyouspain without disappointment..

Price advertised for the ten days was €27 :eek: and despite the agent on the desk telling us we couldn't use a debit card, I showed him the booking (which contained a statement to the contrary) he gave in and handed us our keys ?

received a 6 month old Fiesta with 6000kms on it, slow as hell but well specced!
got a puncture which we just had a roadside garage fix for €8.

Upon returning the car, an agent appeared with an ipad and took pics while we waited. Handed over keys and receipt for fuel.. total cost for 10 days hire was €35 (including puncture repair)!
Farking hell!

Anyone used Goldcar recently?

According to the web, they have been taken over by Europcar.

Reasonable deal found, which is half the amount of the local firms.

Just wondered if they had cleaned up their act?

Those that have used MotoLuis...

-Is it best to pre book the car online?
-Do they accept debit card for deposit instead of credit card?

Those that have used MotoLuis...

-Is it best to pre book the car online?
-Do they accept debit card for deposit instead of credit card?

We pre booked, but it was in August and I expected it to be busy. So just wanted peace of mind really.

I remember I had to bring cash as they didn’t accept debit cards. Might of changed now. This was in San Antonio

No office as such, they normally meet you at the car park right opposite the terminal and they have a card machine

They do take card at airport with card reader. I pay deposit online then rest on pickup. Also choice of insurance is given. Set amount per day or pay 400 euro deposit and if you bring car back in one piece you get a full refund. I do the later, but if anyone can tell me a better way to do this I’m all ears.

Back