Cheap flights

Great thing about the internet is you can work alternative ways back to the UK using sites/apps like Skyscanner; so if the direct flight is ridiculously expensive, there should be flights with one or two stops much cheaper. Lot more hassle obvs, helps if it's with one airline eg. Vuelling.

Sometimes though you have to be prepared to land at another UK airport and fork out for the bus/train back to your original airport, a real bummer considering how much we charge for walk-on train fares.

Great thing about the internet is you can work alternative ways back to the UK using sites/apps like Skyscanner; so if the direct flight is ridiculously expensive, there should be flights with one or two stops much cheaper. Lot more hassle obvs, helps if it's with one airline eg. Vuelling.

Sometimes though you have to be prepared to land at another UK airport and fork out for the bus/train back to your original airport, a real bummer considering how much we charge for walk-on train fares.

We tried all that and there were no cheaper options. Probably because it’s getting out of season so a lot of routes have stopped.

But yes, it’s a great idea in summer and often throws up flights at better times.

We tried all that and there were no cheaper options. Probably because it’s getting out of season so a lot of routes have stopped.

But yes, it’s a great idea in summer and often throws up flights at better times.
If the search was sone in the last few days then, outside of Xmas, it's probably the worst time of year to fly back to the UK with it being almost every kid's half-term; and prices shoot up (naturally)! Over summer at least they are spread out a bit!

I would imagine schoolies from Western Europe also have longish holidays around now making the situation worse? Anyhow late October, despite usually kind weather, has a great big "avoid" written over it.

Real lack of flights at present back from Ibiza. All over the next few days are either completely full, or about 600+ Euro ONE way (!).

I’ve a few friends who would have stayed here for longer (& spent money in hotels & restaurants) had there been more availability. Guess nobody really knew what was going to happen though.
Google Flights is your friend (don't fill in the destination to see the map of all prices). Easyjet to London can be had for ~270€, or you can fly to Paris for 80€ on Saturday and take Eurostar from there.

There are other airlines beside BA ;)

Good find, @B_Falls!

I really hope BA start flying from Gatwick to Ibiza for next summer. EasyJet prices have gone crazy for school holidays again.

Has anyone any idea when the October flights are out for EasyJet?
Couldn’t help but book another October half term trip and hoping for some early cheap flights.

Here you go @Clara:

Flights scheduled from April/22 to Ibiza :) I just did a quick check and they have flights available on the BA site

You little beauty! I owe you a drink next time I see you.

Just booked BA from Gatwick for my friend's late May / early June belated hen do (cancelled twice already).

Super cheap BA flights right now.

This possibly isn't news but I (only!) just noticed that all the "lowcosts" have copied ryanair and are now itemising every single extra - Vueling and Easyjet now charging additional for overhead bags which were included before in basic fares.

This possibly isn't news but I (only!) just noticed that all the "lowcosts" have copied ryanair and are now itemising every single extra - Vueling and Easyjet now charging additional for overhead bags which were included before in basic fares.
I suppose if there's a plus then at least it's consistent among all airlines. I wish that overhead locker bag size was universal too, you get far more with Jet2 than Ryanair! What it means is that base fares on their ads can be ignored as a work of fiction, we all know a £50 basic flight ends up being £150.
Add priority + bags, maybe a hold bag, seat, fast track, airport drop-off etc etc. Perhaps ads should also include the maximum it's possible to pay as well as the base?
I suppose that if someone travels bagless and isn't in a hurry, having this base fare works for them whereas in the 70's/80's you had one price and that included everything; and that price was higher than today's bargains.

Easyjet changed this about a year or so ago- a way to recoup some £$£$£$£$ after the world imploding. Annoyingly, they got rid of their Hands Free thing too which was decent value at £7 each way I thought

If anyone is interested I have 209.18 GBP of Iberia vouchers to sell (obviously for a discount). I have tried them on the Iberia website and they work perfectly, and can also be used if the carrier is BA. PM me if interested.

If anyone is interested I have 209.18 GBP of Iberia vouchers to sell (obviously for a discount). I have tried them on the Iberia website and they work perfectly, and can also be used if the carrier is BA. PM me if interested.
I'll offer tree fiddy

Does anyone here have experience with the airlines that fly directly from Schiphol (Amsterdam) to Ibiza?

The ones I have found are Corendon Dutch Airlines and Transavia. Where are they on the scale from private jet to Ryanair?

KLM is also an obvious candidate, but from what I can tell they only have the occasional direct flight.

Back