Cheap Drinks In Ibiza Town?

A

Ang

Does anyone know of any bars in Ibiza town that sell reasonably priced drinks?

Good Luck Ang, I haven't found any BUT you should check out the Jazz bar there, the sweetest music and a wkd atmosphere... 8)

We never found any bars in town that did anything near what you would call cheap drinks. You are best to have some drinks at your hotel or apartment or even at the beach before heading into town. Expect to pay around 8 to 12 euros per drink at the bars in Ibiza town at night.

can i suggest a golden rule?
if you see ibicencans boozing in a place then they are paying normal prices. ie about a € for a small beer.

djb

Good tip, but those places are hard to come by in central Ibiza town. You need to hunt through the little streets to find them and then you don't get to see all the madness that the place offers at night.

Madness shmadness

879dancin said:
Good tip, but those places are hard to come by in central Ibiza town. You need to hunt through the little streets to find them and then you don't get to see all the madness that the place offers at night.

:D I realise that Ibiza is all about dance music played by and danced to by people who probably couldn't speak a word of Spanish to save themselves, but it seems to me that nobody wants to take a little time to learn a little Spanish in order that they can experience a little Spanish culture. The best bars are the Spanish bars and not simply because they may or may not be the cheapest.

They offer great peaceful atmosphere, which makes them the ideal place to plan the evening ahead without the noise of the 18-30's brigade, or the holiday rep trying harder than the looky looky men to take your money for something that simply isn't worth it.

Viva Espana :D

just buy a bottle of wine, they stick it in a cooler for you, that will get you rocking and the wine they give you taste bloody nice i tell ya, did it last year in a bar over looking the harbour. :eek:

"I realise that Ibiza is all about dance music played by and danced to by people who probably couldn't speak a word of Spanish to save themselves"

no it isn't ALL about dance music. some of it is and a lot of it isn't.

djb

Cristo, I speak Spanish and always get to the local bars and restaurants whenever I travel. However when in Ibiza town I wanted to hang out where the action was to watch the people go by, the parades etc. The local bars, although excellent, were not located centrally enough to do this and I think most people who go over to Ibiza would also want to experience this.

Also FYI - I would never do an 18-30s trip. I stayed in an apartment near Pacha with friends and spent most of our time with Italians and Spanish who were staying in the same place. Please don't sterotype me because I like the (expensive) bars in Ibiza town.

I saved my culture trip for Barcelona where I went after Ibiza.

Hope this clarifies it :D :D

no it isn't ALL about dance music. some of it is and a lot of it isn't.

djb[/quote]

Big up yourself DJBiff. Ibiza is what you make of it TOTALLY!

I just wanna know where I can pick up a fifth of Jack Daniel's Old Number 7.

spanish bars - peaceful??
by law every "spanish" bar must have 2 tv's showing different programmes, one stereo for music, 3 slot machines which if left unattended for more than 3 minutes automatically burst into the chorus from la cucaracha, one gaggle of old codgers with "ducados" voices shouting loudly and smacking their dominoes down every time they're "knocking", and, in addition each gaggia coffee machine must be fitted with a 50 watt steam amplifier!
they're my favourite places to go and read proust!

dj b

that's just whetted my appetite - i'm off to the zafiro - ciao

11920005-4fcf-02000180-.jpg

like this?
colmado maria teresa - av san agustin cala de bou.
that's san antonio bay btw

djb

I've always wondered how effective cigarettes are at flavouring the meat hanging above the bar in these types of places.

Bar bother

I was merely tring to compare the Spanish bars with the bars that are more associated (and overrun) with all the 18-30 type boozehounds, with the reps constantly roaring down microphones with their cheesier than cheddar holiday songs and slogans.

I've lost count of how many times I've heard that sex on the beach (the cocktail) will be the best ride of your life.

I never realised it would turn into a argument incorporating Spanish law.

The proud English men and women wouldn't be too pleased if millions of foreigners began descending on their litle corner of the world, and yet they all go to Ibiza and expect to be treated like royalty.

No es possible senores/senoras

A bold comment, and rightly so - there's nothing worse than when the Spanish look down on you due to the typical British 'Beerboy' and 'Sharon' problems down the West End.

Monkey see monkey do

I suppose the great british public have simply been caught up in the all the media coverage and other hype that has surrounded Ibiza for many a year.
They all long to go there one day after hearing about it from their mates and watching programmes such as Ibiza Uncovered and Reps In Ibiza on Sky. I've also seen a show called Is Harry On The Boat, but it hardly merits a mention.
So they see all the drunken antics of all the tourists and think to themselves that it would be great fun to go there, make a complete arse of themselves and hope that the "I'm on holiday "excuse" will save them from "el guardia".

I am not a "wet blanket" and I can have as good a time as the next man, but people cannot come to Ibiza when an anything goes attitude and expect immunity.

Back