Car rental Advice

Alex-D

Hi everybody,
Could you advise me a great company to rent a small car for 7 days in Ibiza. Ideally with pick up and drop off at the airport.

When we last came in 2018 we rented a car from the airport desk and it was HORRIBLE. We almost waited 4 hours to get our car!!
I read that MotoLuis has good avi, as well as Autosmari?

Thank you in advance for your best advice :cool:

Alex

And also a vote for Autosmari. Very friendly, easy to deal with, sensible prices, low deposit plus their "office" is open air right beside where you pick up your car. My deposit was refunded back on my card before I boarded the plane home.

MotoLuis more convenient although Autosmari still provided very good service (just a case of getting to them). We used them last Sept. Picked up in SE just behind the high street and then dropped off in PDB. Amazed that anyone would bother with the other ripoff merchants out there.

Motoluis only has options for San An, PdB and Aeropuerto on website. Is this right and if so... Autosmari best if you are in Portinatx?

I often stay in Portinatx but rent a car from the airport. It would be a long bus ride or expensive taxi trip if you plan on hiring a car anyway. Autos Mari also has an airport option.

autosmari does not have an office at the airport, you have to enter much more data when booking than with the other providers, the big advantage is that someone is already waiting for you at the outside car park with the completed contract.... quick round about the car... sign... and you're done. You save yourself all the waiting, copying, filling out, and fending off super additional insurance at the airport counter ;-)

I often stay in Portinatx but rent a car from the airport. It would be a long bus ride or expensive taxi trip if you plan on hiring a car anyway. Autos Mari also has an airport option.

I was thinking more if I wanted to rent a car for a day to explore, I've no plans to hire a car for the full week

autosmari does not have an office at the airport, you have to enter much more data when booking than with the other providers, the big advantage is that someone is already waiting for you at the outside car park with the completed contract.... quick round about the car... sign... and you're done. You save yourself all the waiting, copying, filling out, and fending off super additional insurance at the airport counter ;-)

Yep plus it's only €10 surcharge for airport pick up.

Motoluis only has options for San An, PdB and Aeropuerto on website. Is this right and if so... Autosmari best if you are in Portinatx?
You will stay an entire week in Portinatx without car?
Be aware it's a very quiet place....

Thank you all for your reviews! :) For my part Motoluis seems to be the best option if an office is present at the airport.

You will stay an entire week in Portinatx without car?
Be aware it's a very quiet place....

We have a week in San An first so planning on using the bus if we fancy venturing out. Would u say a car is essential? We are going to do Hi or Pacha during this week and the Akasha so 2 club nights maximum

Thank you all for your reviews! :) For my part Motoluis seems to be the best option if an office is present at the airport.
No office in the airport, but they deliver the car on the airport parking, always on time, very friendly and professional staff

For me yes a car is essential, if you want to discover the gems of the North...

What are the gems for you? On my list of things to do we have Cala Benirras, d'en serra, es portitxol, cova des culleram, the boat house. And we want to try CBBC and chiringuito blue in Santa Eularia. I didn't plan on being sober enough to drive a car :lol:. Are all these places not accessible by bus? The bus has never let me down before

Back