Car Purchase - advise please.

Buckley

KM05TVL.jpg

Considering this. Do we think it's madness to buy a convertible this time of year? Want one for summer and won't change car again by then.

he could always go down B&Q and buy a nice orange tarp.

very nice B.

what colour? that common Merc Silver or you gonna get something blacker? ;)

he could always go down B&Q and buy a nice orange tarp.

very nice B.

what colour? that common Merc Silver or you gonna get something blacker? ;)

Dunno - I like silver, as you know having seen the last Buckmobile, but they are a bit ubiquitous........

Miss Boo - surely you of all people must be able to empathise with my quandary? Also, should I get a new haircut/job?:p

My best mate has exactly that car, the 3rd in fact, 1st Silver then blue, now back to silver!! A winner, not too common, easy to keep clean, cracking colour!!

Not to keen on it myself. The reason Mercs were having probs with depreciation over the past few years is due to reliability falling. They used to be bullet proof cars but they went through a period of poor quality. The newest vehicles are supposedly back on track; built to last. However, I'd probably put this motor in the category of unreliable......ish! The C Class based range are notorious for this. Nice cars otherwise but get a warranty!

i would imagine it's the same over there, but in the US (midwest specifically, where we have seasons), the best time to buy a convertible is fall/winter.

however, i have to put in my vote for a honda s2000! highly reliable, extremely fun to drive, cheap (relative to merc, bmw, porsche, etc), will keep ~50% after 5 years, fastest drop top at <6sec, ...the list is endless. :)

Back