Car parking situation in SanAn

tclubber

Hello,

I am going back to Ibiza coming July after a 6 year hiatus and am thinking about staying in SanAn this time.

Most hotels in SanAn don't seem to have parking lots. Can you realistically park a rental car on the street there? And are there any paid parking lots in SanAn, in case I cannot find a free parking space in the streets?

Also, is Ibiza totally infested with hip hop music these days, or are there still enough places playing chillout/electronica? I understand the big parties still offer a huge variety of music, but I also have this horror vision of every bar on the island having turned into a shisha lounge blaring out hip hop - I hope this worry is unfounded!

Hello,

I am going back to Ibiza coming July after a 6 year hiatus and am thinking about staying in SanAn this time.

Most hotels in SanAn don't seem to have parking lots. Can you realistically park a rental car on the street there? And are there any paid parking lots in SanAn, in case I cannot find a free parking space in the streets?

There a big dusty car park on the wasteland behind Mambo. Free. Give your vehicle lots of space. Mind the dog poo. Jobs a good'un!

There are other smaller ones I believe: a bit up from Eden/Es Paradis opposite the promenade.

Street parking is just too stressful - and lots require a permit. Just isn't even worth the agg of driving round imho. Accept you will need to walk a short distance from your car, and you'll probably save time in the long run.

Dont mean to hijack the thread, but this is good info. Ive rented a motorcyle for a week, will I have to get a permit and pay as well? I google street viewed all thru the two towns and I noticed that bike and scooters are just stuffed randomly in little spaces beside a real parking spot for a car and such.........is this acceptable?

yes, if you don't mind paying to park!
Where is the underground car park located? Couldn't find anything about it on Google - or is someone pulling my leg again?

I know about the wasteland behind Cafe Mambo (surprised they haven't built it up though), but I would rather park somewhere near the Columbus egg.

Avoid Cafe Del Mar these days as it only plays Grime during the day, and reggaeton at night.
Thank you for the most helpful answer, will bring earplugs then ;)

Where is the underground car park located? Couldn't find anything about it on Google - or is someone pulling my leg again?

I know about the wasteland behind Cafe Mambo (surprised they haven't built it up though), but I would rather park somewhere near the Columbus egg.

Thank you for the most helpful answer, will bring earplugs then ;)
The pay in underground car park is up c. general balanzat from the fountains taxi rank, just before placa espanya pedestrian square and playground. Sorry, no idea of charges.

Back from Ibiza - I stayed at hotel Orosol in SanAn. Free parking in the streets near the hotel was not fun at all, but possible. Was no problem at 9pm, but I spent like 20 minutes looking for a parking spot around 2am.

Mentioned the difficult parking situation at checkout - and learned that the hotel had its own parking after all, it was just not directly at the hotel building. Oops...

but I also have this horror vision of every bar on the island having turned into a shisha lounge blaring out hip hop

And that worry turned out to be totally unfounded either :) In general, the changes on the island were much less than expected/feared (even the Parador is still not finished!), it felt like I have never left. Will try going back for the trance week in Sept, work permitting...

Am useless at finding parties I like in Ibiza but am the absolute master at finding free parking spaces (*except outside El Chiringuito which was unrestrained anarchy last time)

Am useless at finding parties I like in Ibiza but am the absolute master at finding free parking spaces (*except outside El Chiringuito which was unrestrained anarchy last time)

El Chiringuito at cavallet ? Road is closed after 11.00 in high season.

El Chiringuito at cavallet ? Road is closed after 11.00 in high season.

I can't remember what was/wasn't accessible. It was just a dusty dirt track. I remember a High Noon face-off with one car and nearly backing over a rocky vertical ridge that only a jeep could've ever emerged from, and some officious twerp in the other restaurant car park further down the road waving us away. At times like that and in temperatures like that you need nerves and cojones of steel.

Back