Cala llonga alternative.

Dereklad

Allright people.i flew to ibiza on 6 september for a week with my brother.first foreigh holiday in 30 years😣.anyway,we went to cala llonga for a week.it was really nice and the beach was really nice.troube is it was a bit flat and dry im not gonna say boring .
Is there anywere up or down the coast that is a bit moore upbeat with good restraunts and bars and maybe a water taxi away from cala llonga.
Were over 45.were not love island models with diamond white teeth.and glow sticks but were not in a wheelchair yet.there is plenty of petrol in our tanks.
I loved cala llonga but im not gonna goto the same place for the next 20 years.
Any reccomendations.preferably with decent food because cala longa was just burger chips and salad.every night.apart from flippers wich i had a good chili concarni.yea with chips😣A7A0B9BD-1C52-4BCA-AA55-01238743E8BE.jpeg

I am going to Cala Llonga since more than 30 years and I never regret it.
Altough, when AI started at Playa Imperial in the late 90's it was a real downturn to the restaurant scene, but it is still not only burger and chips
La Casita up in Valverde is nice, Amante in So'l den Serra (I liked it much more better when it was painted gold and purple) or Casa Piedra at the entrance of Cala Llonga, Can Nuts, La Vela...

Santa Eulalia is a lot bigger and has more to do, and has a water taxi to Cala Llonga, Ibiza Town and Es Cana. Also a bigger population of permanent residents so more Spanish bars and restaurants so a lot more variety of restaurants.

Worth mentioning though that this year was odd for any destination not just Ibiza due to the circumstances, so imagine a few resorts were a bit flat.

Santa Eulalia is a lot bigger and has more to do, and has a water taxi to Cala Llonga, Ibiza Town and Es Cana. Also a bigger population of permanent residents so more Spanish bars and restaurants so a lot more variety of restaurants.

Worth mentioning though that this year was odd for any destination not just Ibiza due to the circumstances, so imagine a few resorts were a bit flat.
Santa Eulalia i was just looking at that place on the jet2 holiday app.thats just up the coast right.
Ive seem the water taxi cuming and going so cala llonga visit would be easy.
Thanks for the replys.

Can anyone reccomend apartments over looking the beach that theve stayed in that are good.as most likeley its me and my older brother going and we dont want to be in the same bedroom obviousley eewww.good location as well.thanks for the replys people.

I used google maps for searching. It worked , sometimes. You can see if you hotel has a parking spot. Its not cool to run around every day 30 min or more for this.

I am going to Cala Llonga since more than 30 years and I never regret it.
Altough, when AI started at Playa Imperial in the late 90's it was a real downturn to the restaurant scene, but it is still not only burger and chips
La Casita up in Valverde is nice, Amante in So'l den Serra (I liked it much more better when it was painted gold and purple) or Casa Piedra at the entrance of Cala Llonga, Can Nuts, La Vela...

Did you saw El Pinar at any time ? I think about it for 2022.

Did you saw El Pinar at any time ? I think about it for 2022.
Never been inside, only had the one or the other drink at the restaurant/bar next to it.
Parking could be tricky during high-season. Don't know about their off-street parking, but roads near the beach tend to be crowded. Especially on Sundays.

Never been inside, only had the one or the other drink at the restaurant/bar next to it.
Parking could be tricky during high-season. Don't know about their off-street parking, but roads near the beach tend to be crowded. Especially on Sundays.

They have a own parking ( saw it in google maps ) The street parking looks good outside

Can anyone reccomend apartments over looking the beach that theve stayed in that are good.as most likeley its me and my older brother going and we dont want to be in the same bedroom obviousley eewww.good location as well.thanks for the replys people.
My in laws usually stay over looking the harbour, minutes walk from the beach. Es Pueto apartments, Hotel Tres Torres, slightly further around but nice Ibiza tropic garden Hotel.

Just booked mother in law into a place on the other side of the bay for April but I don't know much about the area called Aldea Bonsai. Might be a bit far out.

My in laws usually stay over looking the harbour, minutes walk from the beach. Es Pueto apartments, Hotel Tres Torres, slightly further around but nice Ibiza tropic garden Hotel.

Just booked mother in law into a place on the other side of the bay for April but I don't know much about the area called Aldea Bonsai. Might be a bit far out.
Nice 1 ill have a look at that place thanks

I was on the ryan air plane coming back to birmingham in september and the girl next to me said her and her mates went from friday to sunday.where do people book there holidays like jet2 or something because last time i went i dident do package which was a mistake i booked apartment and flights and insurance on all different websites.were do people book For a weekend without going stupid prices.and merry christmas.

Jet2, on the beach, ice lolly holidays, easyjet possibly?

I'd booked with jet2 during the pandemic because I trust them if they have to cancel, not so with some of the other companies.

Jet2, on the beach, ice lolly holidays, easyjet possibly?

I'd booked with jet2 during the pandemic because I trust them if they have to cancel, not so with some of the other companies.
Ok ill probly look at jet 2.avoid lastminite.com my nephew had to cancel going to ibiza with us this year.and i had a right game getting refund out of lastminite.com for the flight.in the end they only gave a percentage back ,and even then it was a voucher to spend with last minite.com next year.what a con.

I was on the ryan air plane coming back to birmingham in september and the girl next to me said her and her mates went from friday to sunday.where do people book there holidays like jet2 or something because last time i went i dident do package which was a mistake i booked apartment and flights and insurance on all different websites.were do people book For a weekend without going stupid prices.and merry christmas.

I've used Ice Lolly and On The Beach before and you can usually pay a few pound more to make your booking ABTA protected like full package deals are.

All prices are a bit erratic at the minute as nobody knows what will happen next in the world. Don't forget you need to save some money for your hotel transfer if you're not booking a package and Ibiza charges a tourist tax on arrival at reception.

Ive been looking at the on the beach app and it looks pretty reasonably priced compared to jet2.
Anyway ive been looking at that place playa d en bossa near the airport.
Any reccomendation for apartments for me and my brother both over 45.with good bit of beach.
Ive got 1 place in my hit list.unless i see alternatives here .
And happy new year people

Attachments

• D450E7B3-5A91-4A78-8B86-630E166EDEE2.jpeg
    D450E7B3-5A91-4A78-8B86-630E166EDEE2.jpeg
    338.4 KB · Views: 21
I've stayed at Tivoli. It's a decent property, large rooms and reasonably priced compared to its neighbours. You are set back from the beach though, not that I found that to be a problem

Back