Cala de Bou - what’s the area like

claretclubber

Looking at booking a week in September. Looking for opinions on Cala de Bou for a family holiday, I’ve never stayed that far around the Bay in San Antonio. Been to watch the sunset at Kumharas and noticed plenty of bars with kids areas.

Mixed group, three couple, 8 & 14 month olds.

Any experiences welcomed ;)

Depends where exactly. Can be a bit scruffy, lots of hotels are upgrading but mostly to a young posey crowd.
The best beach is probably Playa Pinet, or maybe the next one along towards San An, can't remember the name.
Also a lot of places to eat and drink that need your custom. No shortage of tattoo shops.

We stayed in The Beach Star Ibiza which I believe is opposite the Playa Bella apartments.

The hotel itself was superb - really good facilities, reasonably priced, clean etc. You are a little further out of the way around that side of the bay, but if you hire a car for a few days it isn't really an issue. We did go during the end of May / start of June so I would have thought probably a similar level of business to the start of September.

We stayed in the bay area and we found several family friendly places in the Cala De Bou area when we used to head to Playa Pinet. We also liked being able to catch the water taxi from the bay area over to Cala Comte.

Depends where exactly. Can be a bit scruffy, lots of hotels are upgrading but mostly to a young posey crowd.
The best beach is probably Playa Pinet, or maybe the next one along towards San An, can't remember the name.
Also a lot of places to eat and drink that need your custom. No shortage of tattoo shops.

Agree with this, it feels like an area in transition currently, some hotels like Sol House have had an upmarket trendy refurb, while many of the old bars and restaurants struggle for trade and look like a throwback to another era. Be interesting to see if the new promenade due for completion in several years time changes the area.

Still not a bad spot to stay though, you have decent bus and water taxi links, beaches are decent.

I thought it was alright when I stayed there a couple of years ago, but that was in April. No water taxi so we used to just get a bus into San An if having a drink, but most of the time we were out and about in the car.

Back