Business Start Up: West End Bar Turnover/Profits

James_28

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum however I've been to Ibiza a fair few times now. It's fasicinating to read previous posts and see the essential island knowledge being past on. Great stuff!

Having read the posts, it is clear that a lot of people dream of opening a bar in Ibiza, and it's easy to see why, besides the wonderful climate and lifestyle, in peak season every night is like a saturday night. Must be a gold mine right?

However although extremley busy, the competition is undoubtedly very fierce. I just wondered if anybody owns a bar or worked in a bar in San Antonio and actually knows what the average takings (revenue or profit) is in a season, month or night?

Financially is it worthwhile?

This may help budding entrepeneurs by giving them an incite into such a competitive market and be of great help before making potential life changing decisions.

All responses are welcome.

hi,

I can't imagaine many people putting up on here what they're taking...!

I don't think you'll become a millionaire doing it, but its a lifestyle choice....work yer arse off for 5 months, then bugger off to somewhere else and chill out!

S.

Most of the bars down the West End don't make that much. Think about it- there are 150 bars in 2 blocks competing for business.. I know this through speaking to landlords and by what they say- most of the takings in the WE come from food during the day.

Although I'd imagine the ones along the Sunset Strip make a pretty penny...

Back