BPM festival expanding (brazil & portugal)

stivi

this just in

bpm brazil in april / bpm portugal in september.

looks like 3-4 days to start with.

they were aiming for the Euro one to start last year but weren't able to get it done (obviously).

Best mate is working in Lisbon at the moment, so that would be a reeeeeet touch. My fingers are crossed.

I'd say either down in algarve or then the other big coast bit...can't think of the name right now, but where they do boom festival maybe?

Personally I think you got a good chance of trouble in Brazil as much as Mexico, and with the euro the way it is - the prices for drinks etc will be similar to Ibiza surley?

I find it difficult to believe they will still expand this summer given the events of the past week.

I think they will try considering they just lost their main location where they built up their brand. As unfortunate as the incident is, they will probably not want to sit on their hands and become irrelevant or have people think about this shooting every time they think about BPM so my guess is they will rush to it.

I'd say either down in algarve or then the other big coast bit...can't think of the name right now, but where they do boom festival maybe?

Obviously its just a guess on my part but i totally agree with the Algarve, it makes sense i think for how BPM operates and what they look for.

Just been confirmed on their facebook bpm festival - Portugal will happen sept 2017. Brazil will be postponed until further notice.

Its okay keeping the brand alive, but I cant help feeling that it won't be in Mexico again. That was the biggest pull for me. Great venues, Day partys with dancing on the sand, afterpartys, cheap prices of drinks, food, taxis, tickets. . . Plus the best beaches and oceans ive ever seen when relaxing in Playacar. .go all inclusive and your laughing.. . Not forgetting the endless excursions you could do on a longer trip. Such a shame

Its okay keeping the brand alive, but I cant help feeling that it won't be in Mexico again.

I would say chance of return for 2018 is less than zero, maybe at some point in the future but i just dont see it next year, with local gov't, the issue of security, and cartels to still deal with, it just doesnt seem possible. I dont really see a fit anywhere stateside, but maybe they try somewhere in the Caribbean or stick to central America and try like a Costa Rica.

I dont really see a fit anywhere stateside, but maybe they try somewhere in the Caribbean or stick to central America and try like a Costa Rica.

can't see it returning to mexico neither.
brazil maybe as they had planned that anyway? or as you say, caribbean or central america.

I would say chance of return for 2018 is less than zero, maybe at some point in the future but i just dont see it next year, with local gov't, the issue of security, and cartels to still deal with, it just doesnt seem possible. I dont really see a fit anywhere stateside, but maybe they try somewhere in the Caribbean or stick to central America and try like a Costa Rica.
Slightly off topic, has there been any incidents with the governments/cartels/authoritys whilst Spring Break has been on in Cancun? Same coast, potential $$$ to be made through the drugs etc

Back