Bora Bora & El Patio 2017

stivi

hi guys,

thought I'd put up a new thread about this as I know lots of people are keen on knowing what's what with bora bora this year.

it's now two venues really. the beachside is bora bora as it used to be. there's no blue fence, but there is a glass wall which separates the venue from the beach and there is a bit of security too. entry to bora bora is normally still free, with very little exceptions such as the opening this weekend where people pay something to get in I'm told.

then there's the bit behind bora bora, el patio which is around the pool of the apartments. in there, expect events to happen on the weekends during the day (noon to midnight). I think the music on afters last weekend wasn't just a one-off, but I also don't think it'll be weekly. and then sundays there will be 'wake up'. for both those parties, expect to pay to get in. I heard music on afters were 25€ last weekend. the sunday one will be a little cheaper I believe.

interesting detail is that when there's a big event happening at el patio, there is no music beachside at bora bora. I think this will all get properly going mid june.

Thanks for the update. I was there last September when they had no music / speakers etc and wondered would it be the last time as we know it.. Guess not.. Hopefully el patio lasts the summer!

hi guys,

thought I'd put up a new thread about this as I know lots of people are keen on knowing what's what with bora bora this year.

it's now two venues really. the beachside is bora bora as it used to be. there's no blue fence, but there is a glass wall which separates the venue from the beach and there is a bit of security too. entry to bora bora is normally still free, with very little exceptions such as the opening this weekend where people pay something to get in I'm told.

then there's the bit behind bora bora, el patio which is around the pool of the apartments. in there, expect events to happen on the weekends during the day (noon to midnight). I think the music on afters last weekend wasn't just a one-off, but I also don't think it'll be weekly. and then sundays there will be 'wake up'. for both those parties, expect to pay to get in. I heard music on afters were 25€ last weekend. the sunday one will be a little cheaper I believe.

interesting detail is that when there's a big event happening at el patio, there is no music beachside at bora bora. I think this will all get properly going mid june.
I'm staying at Bora Bora, will i have to pay to get in to the el patio sunday party? surely not?

Are we still going to get swams of people on the beach and dancing in your opinion? I don't think I've even notice where the pool/El patio is!

Just to clarify @stivi there is now a glass wall separating the beach from the patio / restaurant area? So you can't freely walk on there now? Also how high is this glass wall? And does this mean the big curtain doesn't get pulled across when it gets dark?

DCRfrB2XcAMR4JY.jpg

What the deal with music on after party then, Is it a every week thing now and how much is it get in?

Also when "El Patio" has events and music on what will be going on beachside?

Oh wow from noon until midnight then? Impressive.

Do you know if those dates for the afters will be announced ahead of time?

as far as I know, but I am not 100% certain, when events are on at el patio, the beachside is quiet.

as for music on afters, I hear that they will alternate between el patio and cova santa. not sure on details though.

as far as I know, but I am not 100% certain, when events are on at el patio, the beachside is quiet.

as for music on afters, I hear that they will alternate between el patio and cova santa. not sure on details though.

Will Music On be throwing public afterparties every week? Up to now have they?

Went to Bora Bora a few days ago and a few observations...they had music out the front and it was pretty good, but at the same time, not nearly as good as before. You dont quite get that mix of people on the beach and in the bar and the chaos (in a good way) that goes with it. Its more a traditional beach bar now...but we still had a great time and it had decent music and was a great spot to go for some daytime dancing. I was with a big group who had never been and they loved it.

Back