Best way to meet people?

CasperB

Traveling solo, what is the best way to meet new people to hang out and party with?

Should I stay at a hotel or hostel? i prefer hotel so i can get some privacy and some sleep but i think it will be easier to meet new people if i stay in a hostel (I've never stayed at a hostel before)

How old are you? If you are young-ish, or at least young at heart you'll meet people around the pool at many of the hotels

There is an ibiza solo facebook group that I run. Might be one avenue and has some good advice on it sometimes.

Ps: advice I usually give is plan things on your own and if you meet up with others it's a bonus. Everyone is in holiday mode and can change their minds at any time! Plus if seem desperate to talk to peeps they can kind of smell it :D

There is an ibiza solo facebook group that I run. Might be one avenue and has some good advice on it sometimes.

Ps: advice I usually give is plan things on your own and if you meet up with others it's a bonus. Everyone is in holiday mode and can change their minds at any time! Plus if seem desperate to talk to peeps they can kind of smell it :D
Thanks! So you would not recommend staying at a hostel? I just think I can't go clubbing for 5-6 days if I can't get any sleep ?

Thanks! So you would not recommend staying at a hostel? I just think I can't go clubbing for 5-6 days if I can't get any sleep ?
I've always stayed in hotels cause I like my "quiet time" lol! I also seem to have the ability to stand at the back minding my own business and random people just start chatting to me ??‍♂️

Quite a few people in the group stayed at the hostel you mentioned and said had best time ever. I guess it's a game of chance really.

One other side point I'd make, is while you are 20 years younger than me and probably can do going out every night, I'd alternate nights between going hard on it and taking it a bit easier. You will be more likely to survive! :D

The pool is wot i used to do b4 aera of Fb/whatsapp in order to meet people ,thing i couldnt do anymore as i never hang at the pool
Gather contacts, make the more contacts u can as ,the chance to meet those people will decrease once there(people have their own schedule, its not because u share same days u will get on well with other solo people,),setup a whatsapp group ,Spot people close to ur hotel.
One main reason ,i only stand by former mates i met previous years,there are still new mates but u can count them in one hand.the only new mates i appreciate are the ones that follow me blindly along my events :cool: otherwise i dont really give a shit about other solo people if we dont share some common taste?

First impression counts..
1. Get destroyed solo first day, cause havoc around pool/hotel.. everyone will avoid you then
2. Act real moody, reading,yoga meditating give people that air of mistery about you..
Both 1&2 will work in your favor..?

I’ve never had any problems carrying out step 1 mate :D?

Still working towards step 2 ?

Hostels in Ibiza are usually small, family hotels and not like hostels you get when travelling in somewhere like Thailand. You'd have your own room etc. I think there maybe exceptions to this, like the Amistat place in San An. I've stayed at Hostel Valencia in San An a few times and it's one of the quietest places I've ever stayed!

You know you've had a good first night when next day the looky lookys know you by name..
...or the ladies of the night....
Yes, there are some bars I could name, but won't, that there seems to be no problem getting ladies to chat with you. Ahem; at least I haven't fallen for that - yet!

Get steaming outside the Highlander in the West End and learn some Scottish phrases.
Same with the Irish bar a few doors down.
Make some life long bezzies ? ????????????????????
Funny you should mention that - wearing a kilt-type* garment is bound to attract attention - mostly the right sort too! Although the districts it's worn in depends on your target audience I suppose :lol:

Note - I've seen lads from Bonnie S out on the drinkies in virtually full highland gear in late August. Now skirts might be nice and breezy and pleasurable to wear - but full woolen heavy stuff just looks so hot and uncomfortable, highland clothing is heavy for a reason and it ain't 35c san Antonio. And midges are replaced by mossies - ouch. Just ouch.

If I were Scots I'd deffo keep my knickers well and truly on, Sorry, girls (but hey, you wouldn't want to go down there anyway....not me....)

Back