Best places to eat & watch sunset

J.B1993

I’ve tried to book cafe mambos for me & my friends but it has sold out in the terrace. I’m just wondering if there is any other restaurants cafes near by that I can enjoy a good meal with a view just as good to watch that mesmerizing sunset?

You could try Mint lounge which is next door to Mambo? I’ve not had a full meal there but the bruschetta was good!

I’ve tried to book cafe mambos for me & my friends but it has sold out in the terrace. I’m just wondering if there is any other restaurants cafes near by that I can enjoy a good meal with a view just as good to watch that mesmerizing sunset?
Golden Buddha at Calo Des Moro is my favourite for this. Nice food and not manic like Mambo. There has been complaints about slow service there, on these forums, this season, but if you allow time for that, and are also proactive in asking to order, you can manage that out of your experience.

You need to be 4 in order to pre-book the Terrace at Cafe Mambo I am pretty sure... otherwise it will say the Terrace is full.
As advised Mint is alternative. I have eaten here twice and actually select it over Cafe Mambo anyway as the food is amazing, slightly cheaper and arguably you are closer to the sun!! 😅

Kumharas is a must too for another evening

Golden Buddha at Calo Des Moro is my favourite for this. Nice food and not manic like Mambo. There has been complaints about slow service there, on these forums, this season, but if you allow time for that, and are also proactive in asking to order, you can manage that out of your experience.
had pretty leisurely service the other day, but my biggest gripe was that the clappers have infiltrated :rolleyes:

Monkey is the best spot for food, especially if you like Mediterranean Middle Eastern fusion

had pretty leisurely service the other day, but my biggest gripe was that the clappers have infiltrated :rolleyes:

Monkey is the best spot for food, especially if you like Mediterranean Middle Eastern fusion
Monkey is formerly Kanya, right? Not been in a but a great location, deffo. Memories of crazy days there and post Sundays at Space drinks at Coastline...*wistful sigh*

I've done a lot of sunsets in Mambo, but this year is a no go. They want 150 Euro per person. It isn't cheap, but I can't possibly consume that much with my wide and daughter. My daughter is 2, and they said minimum spend for her would be 80 Euro.....

I've done a lot of sunsets in Mambo, but this year is a no go. They want 150 Euro per person. It isn't cheap, but I can't possibly consume that much with my wide and daughter. My daughter is 2, and they said minimum spend for her would be 80 Euro.....
That's awful for kids, seriously!

It used to be 50 Eur per person. We could hit that, but not that easily as I drink beer when it's red hot and one of has to stay sober when looking after the little one. But 150 and charging for a 2 year old is plain greedy.

Can you enjoy the music / vibe at or near Mambo without paying silly prices? Or can you not get near the DJ booth unless you have a table? It's been ages since we went to the strip!

Can you enjoy the music / vibe at or near Mambo without paying silly prices? Or can you not get near the DJ booth unless you have a table? It's been ages since we went to the strip!
Not really. Not since they installed decking, and stole the beach/rocks.. but that applies to all of them along there, Savannah, CDM and Mambo.

This year at hostel la Torre, they too seemed to want a booking just for a drink. Where as in previous years I just turned up, had a few drinks watched the sunset. They had a couple on the door, asked if I had a booking, I said no, so they shuffled us off up the top seated area. I thought to myself if they want to start all this nonsense i won't bother with them in future.

but there is a little move you can pull to get onto the rocks there without going into la torre. how long that lasts i don't know?

You can just go in and order drinks at the bar. If you’re young and good looking you may get invited into the area behind the booth.

Back