Best Boiler Rooms whatever genre

• Thread starter Deleted member 49869
  • Start date
May have been posted before but wanted to gauge opinion on what makes a great boiler room set/performance

I know ppl have their opinions on the whole boiler room scenario. Pretentious pricks hoggin screen time (audience members, not dj's) Etc etc.

But what makes a great boiler room set for you?
Set list?
Dj involvement/enjoyment?
Made you appreciate another genre?
None of the above, you just f**kin loved it?

As a self confessed trance addict/ trance dj I was rarely receptive to other forms of musical expression until I seen one of Solomuns boiler room sets.
Single handedly changed my music library!!!!
Led me down a road of techno, high tech minimal and tech house that I never would have seen myself go down. A few minutes of 1 dj on youtube changed my whole outlook on what I enjoyed to play/mix and hear. Was it him or the track list? I think a mixture of both

Post your favourite Boiler Room sets here ppl and enjoy the diversity. It may just change your perspective on things

personally, I find the visual aspect to The Boiler Room doesn't necessarily add that much value to the listening experience...

if anyone can explain what the Boiler Room uniquely offers that soundcloud, mixcloud, spotify, podomatic, podcasts, radio transmissions, embedded mixes, blog links and live streams do not, then I'm all ears....

It's to blame for people wanting to be in the dj bootho_O.I cant watch it for more than a few minutes but I do like the piss take clips.

None bolier room mix that got me back into house/dance (after becoming a stoner and listening to hip hop for years (none stoner now)) was Solomun and David August mix lab set. Mixing was all over in places, but the tunes selection took me away. I hadn't heard tunes like that in years, back when King Uniquie rocked my world circa 2002/3/4/5.

That David August one is brilliant too.

Don't know if anyone seen the recent Belfast one where the kind touched the channels on the mixer. What a bellend. So gringey being from here and seeing that happening mid set.

Personally I like watching a dj mix, like in bolier rooms and mix labs. See what they are at. Yes listening mixes on SoundCloud etc. is still enjoyable. Nothing like having a few beers in the house and throwing on a bolier room.

Bicep Boiler room from Belfast 2016 is decnt too.

if anyone can explain what the Boiler Room uniquely offers that soundcloud, mixcloud, spotify, podomatic, podcasts, radio transmissions, embedded mixes, blog links and live streams do not, then I'm all ears....

It gives you the opportunity to see the dj looking very awkward pushing buttons,shuffling about,whilst pretty girls watch,and also look awkward trying to dance and look cool at the same time..

*edit. Pretty people.

Last edited:
A Boiler Room all time classic:)
I like Maceo Plex but honestly this set is all about the Ellum guy, he stole the show. And the couple at min 1:30 ish. And the guy at min 4:00 ish who's having an animated discussion with his reflection on the mirror and appears to be undecided whether to kill them all or keep on dancing. The first ten minutes are pure gold.

A Boiler Room all time classic:)
I like Maceo Plex but honestly this set is all about the Ellum guy, he stole the show. And the couple at min 1:30 ish. And the guy at min 4:00 ish who's having an animated discussion with his reflection on the mirror and appears to be undecided whether to kill them all or keep on dancing. The first ten minutes are pure gold.
Hahahahah never realised how funny boiler room can be! Lesbos at the front making me laugh with their dancing and the small guy with the black top looks like me on a line of Coke ha

Back