Best areas to stay?

tmartin2020

Heading to Ibiza in late September, ideally hoping to stay in the North near to the beaches and beautiful countryside. Hiring a car to use during the day but ideally looking to be walking distance to some authentic restaurants in the evenings. Any suggestions? Is it easy to get taxis in the North?

Any help much appreciated!

I don't know because I've never actually been yet. I was going to stay at the W Marriott in Santa Eulalia, but it wasn't open yet. It should be open now though. It's north of Playa d'en Bossa by about 8 miles or so. I'm using the legend of the online map to estimate so I'm not sure.
map

Some places have a restaurant on site
w marriott ibiza restaurant

Others do not and you can do as you had planned and venture out for fare. It's always fun to get out some!

Have fun & disfruta tu estancia!! :)

Santa Eularia is a good base if you have a car....some nice beaches up there, Aguas Blancas, Cala Boix etc...

Reactions: PP
portinatx - very nice beaches, restaurants in walking distance. but it's the furthest north you can be which means the south is always quite a trip. same goes for cala san vicente (and that's way smaller than portinatx too).

as @Ibizapaul just said, santa eularia or es canar might be a good base for you. still fairly quiet and lots of great beaches nearby, but it's a bit more central for your daily excursions to see the rest of the island.

Santa Eularia might be a tad sleepy for you. Santa Eularia is very laid back, A bit more built up but with a lovely promenade by the sea which is full of restaurants and bars.
Definitely get a taxi transfers from ibiza airport - highly rated in other forums. Most of the transfer services seem to just be taxis but they meet you. So if having someone there to greet you with a sign and assist to the car is important then that is the route to go...otherwise there seems to be a fixed rate and every taxi we got in was just fine.

Last edited:
Back