bars in ibiza nueva and marina botafoch

McRackin

Super Moderator
here is a bit of info about these places along paseo juan carlos I:

· wine bar (behind keeper)
the highlight of last winter along with rustic in cas serres. it started in spring 2003 as a bistro-tapas bar and became popular after the closing of space that year. a group of people were trying to find somewhere to celebrate the after-party so they went to wine bar and set the turntables up on the bar of this small place. after the success of that event wine bar decided to have djs regulary. during the winter 2003/2004 it remained open every night with people like julián amour (guaraná), pepo lanzoni (space), toni moreno (lola's) and lots of other local djs plus a couple of well known parties: sunday papers during all the winter (in the past at grial and moved during the summer to el hotel) and house world in spring (previously at the now defunct blues which closed its doors in february 2003). with the arrival of the summer they invited to some international djs like dan ghenacia, fred everything, etc. during the last month they had clive henry, jo mills and jonathan grey among others, tonight they have the french dj charlie and tomorrow david moreno. the funny thing with this bar is that they dont announce their guests with posters, etc so usually you wont find who is behind the desks till you arrive. open every night from 11pm to 4am..........

· keeper
for years its been very popular among locals. on weekends they have themed nights (brazil, etc). apparently open every night..........

AE0027.jpg

and if you are in this area and you need to eat something:

· gusto
owned by the previous owners of kasbah in san antonio. open from thursday to saturday..........

Re: bars in ibiza nueva

McRackin said:
· wine bar (behind keeper)

open every night from 11pm to 4am..........
from this week it will be closed on sundays!! :idea:

their line-up at the moment is something like this:

:arrow: monday - dj tina (electro/tech-house)

:arrow: tuesday - dj fiber (soul/funk/hiphop)

:arrow: wednesday - dj issie (electro/tech-house). she was the resident of the afterhour mr cairo in cala llonga and konga in playa den bossa (later known as pin-up)

:arrow: thursday - djs luc and n'joy (electro/minimal) from the new record store vinyl club. this summer they collaborated with the ibiza art parties at gala night

:arrow: friday - different guests every week

:arrow: saturday - different guests every week

McRackin said:
· keeper

apparently open every night..........
from now closed on sundays too!! :idea:

· santa fe (next to pacha)
afterhours, owned by the guy behind a well known restaurant near hotel nautilus in the bay. open every morning..........

· can pou bar (behind gusto)
normal bar opened not long ago, owned by the guys of can pou in the port. open every day..........

· el encuentro + irma's (behind keeper)
both music bars, not as expensive as keeper. weekends only..........

McRackin said:
· gusto

open from thursday to saturday..........
they have a "last weekend" note on the door so it will remain closed for a while!! :idea:

ibiza-title.gif

btw, talking about ibiza nueva: el hotel is getting a face-lift at the moment and they are doing changes on, at least, two-thirds of the rooms!! :eek:

repeek @ keeper - on thursdays (alternate weeks) :!:

a new and different party that started two weeks ago, apparently with a great response not only from locals but also from non-spanish residents, and continues tomorrow with the singer muriel fowler among other guests..........

03-1-03b2.jpg

muriel with johnny golden from manumission

on a curious note, muriel did backing vocals on the debut album of one of the most exciting and groundbreaking bands of the late 80s..........

vivid2.jpg

ah, the memories!! :p

christmas @ wine bar:
· 23th - dj matthew from france (he also djs there some fridays)
· 24th - joan compte (m15)
· 25th - pepo lanzoni (space)
· 26th - fabrizio (dc10)

McRackin said:
McRackin said:
· gusto

they have a "last weekend" note on the door so it will remain closed for a while!! :idea:
today when i passed in front i saw that now they have a "for sale" sign on the street!! :eek: :confused: :eek:

last week one of the guys from keeper told me that pk2 (behind wine bar) is for sale too so if anybody is interested in opening a business in this area..........

DSCN4500.JPG

i dont like to buy a bar, but im lookin forward to have my cangrechos (spelling is awful :oops: ) in a special place,....he, he,..mc know what I mean? 8)

after the cangrechos I will have a cerveza in flotante :D

and after that...a cafe caleta in the very small place :D :D ...and then...Im drunken 8)

what happend to the small fishrestaurant next to sa punta?? it dissapeared...will it ever come back?

yeah, but there is nothing from the "restaurant" :D left....are they removing everything and rebuild it in spring??...

McRackin said:
McRackin said:
· wine bar
:arrow: wednesday - dj issie (electro/tech-house)
from now: fabrizio (dc10)

McRackin said:
McRackin said:
· keeper

apparently open every night..........
from now closed on sundays too!! :idea:
and from now: thursday, friday and saturday

vienna said:
yeah, but there is nothing from the "restaurant" :D left....are they removing everything and rebuild it in spring??...
no idea..........

ibta07a.jpg

and after all these places in ibiza nueva here are two in marina botafoch:

· bar izay
music bar, with ivan mendoza as resident plus guests like valentín huedo (blue marlin). live music from thursday to sunday (tonight for example they have the singer muriel fowler accompanied by the guitar of manolo diaz and the percussion of shadrum). open every day..........

· lucifer (more info here)

ibiza030005.jpg

btw, the guests this weekend at wine bar are joan compte from the record store m15 (fri) and reche from space (sat) :!:

McRackin said:
· gusto

today when i passed in front i saw that now they have a "for sale" sign on the street!! :eek: :confused: :eek:

Gusto has been sold. But nobody seems to know what the new owners are going to be doing with it.

Back