Barcelona ..

Moondust

A group of us are off to Barca for a long weekend from 14th June.

Got a few things planned but i imagine there are some knowledgeable heads on here so in case a few of us can squeeze a club night in where should it be??

Please no mainstream

Me, the wife and some friends are in Barcelona that weekend to mainly for the Friday / Saturday night Off-Week festival but the DJ Tennis / Life and Death looks great too if a little outside the City ... first time in Barcelona

Because for this year they switched the dates for Sonar festival itself but the Off-Sonar crew and affiliated parties are still doing their thing over the original June dates too.

I'm going to the rpr and afterlife event on the Friday ?‍♀️ currently on a solo mission so if any of you end up getting tickets get in touch :)

I would advise extra caution, anyone using the metro late at night. We were slightly freaked out after a guy tried to mug my girlfriend at Catalunya metro on Saturday night (security are virtually non-existent).

Pickpocketing or actual violence/threat? Worst thing for me about Barcelona at night were the aggressive African prostitutes. They're not scared to follow and grab you (which I guess could also be used as cover for pickpocketing).

Pickpocketing or actual violence/threat? Worst thing for me about Barcelona at night were the aggressive African prostitutes. They're not scared to follow and grab you (which I guess could also be used as cover for pickpocketing).

she was walking behind me and the guy came from behind and tried to rip her bag off, a bit of a tussle, I turned around and there was a surreal stand-off for a couple of seconds where they were just staring at each other before he ran off down the tunnel empty-handed. I don't want to sound too hysterical because it's all so subjective and parts of town have been notorious bandit country for centuries, (and crime is nowhere near London levels - stabbings are non-existent) but I think it has got a lot worse, because it used to be more contained to the port area whereas the new-breed are everywhere. The police don't seem to care any more either. Failed attempts or losses under 200€ aren't even recorded! It makes me so angry because had she been alone, this could have taken an ever darker turn.

@Kim Wrong Un that sucks man. I heard about Barca and pickpocketing so I was very careful with my belongings...really just my phone. I was always taking pics or using maps anyway so I was fine.

It's a really beautiful city and I'm even considering cutting down my Ibiza trip to just hang out there again, but it sucks this petty crime shit happens

following the jailing of Catalan political leaders earlier (and the almighty shitstorm this has unleashed), various pressure groups are cutting off streets and heading down to block the airport

so if you are flying into/out of BCN the next couple of days, be warned, there may be some disruption...

Back