Barcelona ..

Moondust

A group of us are off to Barca for a long weekend from 14th June.

Got a few things planned but i imagine there are some knowledgeable heads on here so in case a few of us can squeeze a club night in where should it be??

Please no mainstream

Zapclub93

Me, the wife and some friends are in Barcelona that weekend to mainly for the Friday / Saturday night Off-Week festival but the DJ Tennis / Life and Death looks great too if a little outside the City ... first time in Barcelona

makka

Because for this year they switched the dates for Sonar festival itself but the Off-Sonar crew and affiliated parties are still doing their thing over the original June dates too.

H0lly

I'm going to the rpr and afterlife event on the Friday 🙋‍♀️ currently on a solo mission so if any of you end up getting tickets get in touch :)

Johnny Vodka

I would advise extra caution, anyone using the metro late at night. We were slightly freaked out after a guy tried to mug my girlfriend at Catalunya metro on Saturday night (security are virtually non-existent).
Pickpocketing or actual violence/threat? Worst thing for me about Barcelona at night were the aggressive African prostitutes. They're not scared to follow and grab you (which I guess could also be used as cover for pickpocketing).

Kim Wrong Un

Pickpocketing or actual violence/threat? Worst thing for me about Barcelona at night were the aggressive African prostitutes. They're not scared to follow and grab you (which I guess could also be used as cover for pickpocketing).
she was walking behind me and the guy came from behind and tried to rip her bag off, a bit of a tussle, I turned around and there was a surreal stand-off for a couple of seconds where they were just staring at each other before he ran off down the tunnel empty-handed. I don't want to sound too hysterical because it's all so subjective and parts of town have been notorious bandit country for centuries, (and crime is nowhere near London levels - stabbings are non-existent) but I think it has got a lot worse, because it used to be more contained to the port area whereas the new-breed are everywhere. The police don't seem to care any more either. Failed attempts or losses under 200€ aren't even recorded! It makes me so angry because had she been alone, this could have taken an ever darker turn.

Nobbie Q

@Kim Wrong Un that sucks man. I heard about Barca and pickpocketing so I was very careful with my belongings...really just my phone. I was always taking pics or using maps anyway so I was fine.

It's a really beautiful city and I'm even considering cutting down my Ibiza trip to just hang out there again, but it sucks this petty crime shit happens