Barcelona

onemore

Hi people....long time away from here!
Anyway - i'm in Barcelona this Saturday and Sunday (Stag Do), looking for recommendations of decent bars, clubs, just tips in general really as I havent been before.

Thanks all!

Stay off la ram for food and drink complete rip off..Salamanca resturant is great value and good food..W hotel bar is nice with djs at weekends

Cancel that Salamanca thats not the one i was thinking of..This was no where near the port..It was called Sala/something..

crikey, that looks awful. try this one http://www.ocana.cat/en/ sunshine indoors, all under one roof.

images

BCN is pretty ace for music right now. Loads happening here incl:

Moog lineups (moodymann/andres this friday)
Brunch Electronik at poble espanyol
Mutek week in March - henrik schwarz, steffi, the orb
Glove Party in Barceloneta every month - very freaky, reminds me of old shoreditch
Caixa Forum - Max Cooper this week
And as for Primavera...off the scale.

Cant remember what the bars called but dont go on their bar crawls that lead to a nightclub. We did that ended up having piss chucked over us from the balconys off the people above down the cobbled side streets. (I read about it on trip adviser aswell ) the nightclubs most have strict dress code. And used the old trick of its full until you bribe us to let you in. I had to pay €20 for me and my girfriend got in free, saw paco osuna for 2 hours theni f**** off. As prices got way high. It was boulevard club.

Plenty of cool bars down by the beach which was much more laid back dress wise and played a good selection of music from tech house to chart stuff. Nice lounges on the terrace to chill with a cocktail aswell.

As for the rambles just keep your wits about you didnt have much bother myself but it is very packed and touchy feely when walking through. You also get the odd looky looky man hangin around selling cans of estrella which was a bonus whilst walking and browsing the stalls

The stuff about the Ramblas is exaggerated imo. Don't stand out and you'll be ok. The biggest nuisance is English stags. On saturday, I saw a taxi driver on Via Layetana with some pissed english guy in a headlock after he tried to do a runner...! Same old nonsense

I didnt really see it as the place for a stag/hen do tbh. I saw a group of girls walking around down by the harbour one night in pink tu tu's they didnt look impressed one bit. I see it as a place for couples, unless its more for site seeing and visiting the camp nou for the lads. But since whens that been the main agenda!

Fastnet Irish bar was our gateway for all things wonky when me and wife went a couple of years ago. Fantastic city. I'm sure when ended up somewhere called Fannybangers or something.

:lol:..Fanny bangers sounds good. .

I swear I went to such a bar. But nothing came up. Maybe it's a secret place. We was taken under the wing of a few expats. Probably because they wanted to spend time with the wife. And i was a necessary nuisance they had to put up with!

Guys sorry to hijack thread but booked in for off sonar and trying to source a good airbnb. Been looking at places mainly in Segrada familia/Eixample area...is this a cool area? Or is there somewhere better that I've been overlooking?

Cheers

I thought airbnb is forbidden in barcelona?

but yeah the area you mention is fine.

Back