Balloon sellers beware

blackswan555

Beware if you are thinking of selling balloons (so called laughing gas) They are trying to ban it and the Guardia are pulling the sellers, As it aint banned yet, Apparently (unconfirmed)The Bar gets away with nothing, It`s a stay in the cells and a fine for you !! 4 this week so I hear,
Be careful out there !

Have a good one
Tim

This rumour started Wednesday after a girl was arrested at Kilties in the Westend.

Chinese whispers occurred and by Friday people were saying that someone had died when taking a laughing gas directly from the charging canister in the street.

The truth from the PR at Kilties is that the young lady was arrested for selling on the street outside their premises. The same way that they would treat an illegal PR or Ticket seller. The Guardia have also clamped down on Facepainters, illegal taxi drivers and the guys with sunglasses.

Just as the law stops people selling tickets on the beach, it stops people selling anything else; a service or product without a license.

I work some nights at Amnesia and because of the rumours flying around, they have ceased N20 selling for this weekend whilst licenses have been verified for the service they provide on their licensed site. Everything has been checked out and N20 sales are back on from tomorrow night (CocoonIbiza).

Really the warning goes down to anyone doing anything illegal. The Guardia have upped their game for July. And it looks like they are concentrating on the WestEnd particularly strongly. Those that insist to make money illegally in the West End should also be aware that there are British accent undercovers working too currently on the island.

Chinese whispers occurred and by Friday people were saying that someone had died when taking a laughing gas directly from the charging canister in the street.

Drink spiked with GHB I heard on that one :spank:

Tim

:arrow: arrested for selling laughing gas balloons for five euros

she has been released already but her passport has been retired so she cant leave the country.....

Amnesia have delayed laughing gas sales until friday...

That article is an interesting read and highlights that N20 isn't a classified drug substance in Spain so I wonder why the decision has been made by clubs to pause for now.

I understand Hush has gas sellers in last night and also Eden.
Anyone got word on other places re-instating their own sellers?

theibizasun

Laughing Gas

An Argentinian lady was detained in the street last week for selling phials of laughing gas at €5 each. Although this is not on the list of “drugs”, it is a substance which may be harmful to health. This colourless gas smells sweet, is slightly toxic, and produces hallucinations and a sense of euphoria and can cause loss of memory. It was discovered in the late 1770s and was widely used in dentistry as an anaesthetic during the 19th century. In recent years it has become fashionable and is the subject of several Internet web sites.

Laughing gas is an expensive waste of money. Or is just me that can't get it to work? Tried it in Ibiza and at home, but no luck. Still, I guess I can use the equipment to make whipped cream. :lol:

Laughing gas is an expensive waste of money. Or is just me that can't get it to work? Tried it in Ibiza and at home, but no luck. Still, I guess I can use the equipment to make whipped cream. :lol:

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but trust me when i say, a good hit from a balloon is one of the best 'highs' i've ever had. I'm sure extended use is fairly hazardous to health though..

.... and guys with sunglasses.....now that is very harsh!!!

next they will be arresting people wearing those phat pants (or whatever they were called)

Laughing gas when done properly is very strong compared to anything else legal and illegal at the moment. The only difference is the speed at which it wears off.
It is expensive in the clubs (around €5) but the actual cost of a charger is around €0.20-€0.50 so not that pricey.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but trust me when i say, a good hit from a balloon is one of the best 'highs' i've ever had. I'm sure extended use is fairly hazardous to health though..

It's probably just me. I don't have much puff and can't even blow up a balloon. :oops: AFAIK you need to keep sucking and blowing for it to work. :lol:

If it feels like your brain is gona explode and your hearing goes very high pitched then your doing it right. Doesnt quite sound so fun on paper but it definitely is!

Looks like it's come to an end.
Amnesia are getting calls from the mainland checking up on them and instead of the agro of it all, have let their balloon teams go from selling in the club.

PALMA | EUROPA PRESS The Union of Officers of the Civil Guard said yesterday Islands of "worrying" increase in consumption known as 'laughing gas', nitrous oxide, in the clubs of San Antonio. The substance is a drug with a harmful health effects, which mainly affects the spinal cord, according to the Guardia Civil.

However, the Officers' Union said in a statement that the annexes to the Geneva Convention include that substance as a medicine and not as drugs, so both possession and consumption are not punishable or criminal or administrative. Instead, it pursued the traffic of that product, it is an offense against public health.

Thus, in June were arrested in Ibiza four people for trafficking in that substance and operated about 240 blisters.The average price of a dose (known as 'balloon') is about four or five euros. The Civil Guard urges people to avoid the consumption of 'laughing gas'.

The substance is a drug with a harmful health effects, which mainly affects the spinal cord, according to the Guardia Civil.

I seem to remember the old horror stories about ecstacy claiming it damaged your spinal cord too. :rolleyes: Come to think of it though, i have had a bad back for a few years now... :lol:

theibizasun

Laughing Gas

The Guardia Civil are concerned about the increase in the consumption of laughing gas in the discotheques in San Antonio, a substance which can be harmful to the health, mainly affecting the marrow in the spine. However, the Geneva Convention considers it to be a “medicine” and not a “drug”, and therefore possession is not punishable by the law. During the month of June four people were detained in Ibiza for trafficking this noxious substance, and the Guardia Civil recommend the general public not to consume it.

Back