Arrived on island have nie would spanish sim be best Advice please

troggles

Arrived on island looking for work, im a quailified hairdresser by trade,

I got my CV at ready, got my NIE number , but do you think employers be put off from calling as have a uk mobile,

Would i be best in getting a spanish sim card, if so what best value dont need internet as have that on my Three uk network

Looking to take on any type of legal work, lol

definitely get a cheap mobile phone with a spanish sim card. or else simply a spanish sim card and keep using your phone if it isn't sim-locked. gonna cost you lots of money if you don't use spanish numbers here.

Im using three network atm which is just like calling from uk, so comes out my bundle.

But expensive if i call spanish numbers, any idea best sim to go for is lebara any good do you need to show passport to register it.

My concern is no one will want to text or call if its a uk number

Need to find a job

I dont think you need a Spanish sim, but just my opinion.

Also I spotted this, look at entry for today and also yesterday, hairdressers wanted.(there should be an option to translate the page to English when it comes up)
http://www.trabajaribiza.com

Good luck, sure you'll get something

thanks for that, have sent emails and let voice messages.

I now know to look on there, much appreciated

No worries, i only came across it by chance. Am in a similar situation to you and it's hard not speaking Spanish. Plus I dont even use Facebook! Am also in San An atm and am becoming more and more convinced there are jobs out there!

I dont suppose you have your tools with you but if you did, set up a mobile hair service. I've seen people looking to get their hair cut/done by an English speaker both on here and Tripadvisor; there is def the demand for it.another thought is look into the bodypainting stuff? Loads in San An and if you can do hair i'm sure you could do that!

I did bring the basic tools out with me all eats into the luggage allowance, how long have you been out?

Back