*** Armin Van Buuren @ Privilege ***

Is he actually doing every date, or just a few like he did last year?

nothing confirmed as of yet. Even for Armada at Amnesia he didn't do a good few dates.
i think Schulz / Emery (if they are even part of it) will have a night or two each.

nothing confirmed as of yet. Even for Armada at Amnesia he didn't do a good few dates.
i think Schulz / Emery (if they are even part of it) will have a night or two each.

Will be interesting if Space try and keep the one half of "BE @ Space" as a Trance night.

Being an in-house night it has gone through many incarnations. From an even more underground techno night than Kehakuma in 2010 (Ostgut DJs, Francois K, Surgeon and Ben Sims etc..... more Berlin than Ibiza) to a Trance dominated night in 2011...... where next?

His Missus was preggers last year, and scheduled to drop right bang in the middle of the season, which meant he didn't like to be tied down to as many dates.

Of course he will have other commitments as well this year, but I would guess on the whole he will be there, especially as it's billed as ASOT which is his baby. Coincidentally, does anybody know of a previous ASOT show of which Armin has not been on the line-up????

His Missus was preggers last year, and scheduled to drop right bang in the middle of the season, which meant he didn't like to be tied down to as many dates.

Of course he will have other commitments as well this year, but I would guess on the whole he will be there, especially as it's billed as ASOT which is his baby. Coincidentally, does anybody know of a previous ASOT show of which Armin has not been on the line-up????

all his ASOT shows he has done so far have been to celebrate landmark episodes so he is obviously going to be a part of them all. With ibiza being a weekly event i can see it being the same as every other year and giving others a chance. Going back to at least 2007 Schulz has hosted a few nights per year.

I imagine he'll be at most. As said, Schulz has done a couple of parties by himself in the last couple of years, so imagine it will be the same again. Although I don't think a 7 hour schulz set will fill priv, I'd still go :). It may take a year or two to get properly back to the level and business of the tiesto nights, but ASOT could host some spectacular parties.

Judging by how busy Ministry was last thursday for Armin's set it should do well however...

If I recall correctly his Armada nights at Amnesia were busy but by no means packed out every week so I'm not sure if he will pull enough of a crowd to fill out Privilege, specially in early and late season. :confused:

Or maybe people didnt go to Armada because they already had Cream as their "trance" night at Amnesia and didn't fancy doing trance in the same club so close together.

Does anybody think Above & Beyond will be part of this night at any point?

Almost certainly not, I'd say. There's a pretty clear divide (not a rivalry, just a style divide - shall we say) between Armin and Above & Beyond at the moment. As the two current heavyweights.

Other than ASOT 500 last year (which was just so many shows requiring so many artists), they tend to do their own shows with their own rosters.

Ibiza 2012 has already contradicted me once this year by pitching Armin up at Privilege rather than Space, but I'd be just as shocked if Above & Beyond weren't back at Cream to share dates with PvD. ;)

Almost certainly not, I'd say. There's a pretty clear divide (not a rivalry, just a style divide - shall we say) between Armin and Above & Beyond at the moment. As the two current heavyweights.

Other than ASOT 500 last year (which was just so many shows requiring so many artists), they tend to do their own shows with their own rosters.

Ibiza 2012 has already contradicted me once this year by pitching Armin up at Privilege rather than Space, but I'd be just as shocked if Above & Beyond weren't back at Cream to share dates with PvD. ;)

Above & Beyond played at ASOT 500 last year most likely due to their imminent Group Therapy album launch, as Ferry Corsten is this year with his just released WKND album.

I still want an Anjuna night, there are more than enough artists. Somewhere like Sankey's would work a charm. I don't think A&B would skip a season out in Ibiza (bar 2009)

Above & Beyond have 6 dates in Cream this summer so I doubt they'll be at ASOT, I think an Anjuna night would be excellent for Ibiza too!

One of the guys were on Judge Jules' show on Friday and they said they were doing 6 nights at Cream again this year :)

They should label it ASOT nights and bring in a supporting cast of guys like Arty, Mat Zo, Orjen Neilsen, Ferry, Jochen Miller, Markus and A&B. His big ASOT celebrations like the ones that are going on now are pretty epic. Would be an excellent party on the island!

They should label it ASOT nights and bring in a supporting cast of guys like Arty, Mat Zo, Orjen Neilsen, Ferry, Jochen Miller, Markus and A&B. His big ASOT celebrations like the ones that are going on now are pretty epic. Would be an excellent party on the island!

Don't forget Paul Webster who is very good, heard him when he was playing on the same bill as Eddie Halliwell in the UK and he gave the speakers a very good run for there money!!

Back