Apartment skeletons of San Antonio Bay

jay_aitch

Hello folks, first time poster, long time lurker :)

After a recent trip to Ibiza, first time I've hired a car and actually had a decent explore of the island, I noticed that the bare shells of apartments that must have been built sometime last decade are in exactly the same state as they were when I last stayed up that end of the bay, back in 2011.

Does anyone know what's going on with these?

no idea what´s going on there (probably absolutely NOTHING) ... but really hate this crap directly behind reaggae beachbar ... destroys the whole bay ... and blocks the view to the open sea from many hotels :spank:

Was wondering this myself stayed at the playa bella twice and still looks the same.

Need to get a team of construction workers and deccys from britain to go.

Auf wiedersehen pet al over again

They ones in San Antonio Bay? They've been shells for as long as I've been going (6 years). The way the crane has rusted, I'd of guessed they've been like that for well over a decade.

@McRackin can you comment?

Building companies going bankrupt, lack of money to finish them, illegal works stopped by the authorities and so on... So before looking for construction workers and deccys you'd need the money to buy one of those ugly monsters!

Yeah, I'm sure the cranes are facing the same way as in the photos I took 5 years ago.. the billboard advertising 'luxury apartments' (or words to that effect) has been taken down though :lol:

can't help it but every time i read/hear the word crane i think of this picture...

2102judy.jpg

... see if you can actually spot it! :p

The builders run out of money, the banks seize the unfinished buildings, the banks just leave them for years (if not forever). Unfortunately this is common all over Spain.

The builders run out of money, the banks seize the unfinished buildings, the banks just leave them for years (if not forever). Unfortunately this is common all over Spain.

Shame that no one else buys them and does something with them, some of them are on big plots of land.

My Dear Reggae Beach Family... this season we will start in different place... Untill we come back to the beach welcome All to our new spot /just 200m from the Reggae Beach - next to Gorilla Market / - GRB Ibiza Club & Caribbean Kitchen...be ready for Opening on 29-th May 2k16 with all ur favorite dj's, jamaican cocktails and caribbean BBQ.... Rasta la Vista... NBD

13165827_706343249468395_5361630602691430722_n.jpg

My Dear Reggae Beach Family... this season we will start in different place... Untill we come back to the beach welcome All to our new spot /just 200m from the Reggae Beach - next to Gorilla Market / - GRB Ibiza Club & Caribbean Kitchen...be ready for Opening on 29-th May 2k16 with all ur favorite dj's, jamaican cocktails and caribbean BBQ.... Rasta la Vista... NBD

13165827_706343249468395_5361630602691430722_n.jpg

The beach bar got shut down part way through the season last year didn't they?

Back